We’ve rounded up our 50 Best Vegetarian Meals. These vegetarian recipes are our readers’ favorites- all highly rated ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and reader-tested. Whether you want to eat more meatless meals or are a seasoned vegetarian you’ll find great inspiration here.
Healthy Vegetarian Dinners
These Vegetarian Dinner ideas are hearty and filling and so full of flavor -your family will not even miss the meat!
- Butternut Lasagna -Our favorite vegetarian lasagna featuring butternut squash – perfect for the weeknights (make it ahead) and special enough for your holiday table!
- Broccoli Quinoa Cakes! These Broccoli Quinoa Cakes can be made in 30 minutes & are a delicious healthy vegetarian meal that your whole family will love!
- Butternut Risotto with Leeks and Spinach made with very little fuss, in your Instant Pot or on the stovetop! Vegan-adaptable and Gluten-free.
- Indian Coconut Lentil Curry with Turmeric Coconut Chips – can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. Infused with fragrant Indian spices, this recipe is not only delicious, it is is vegan and gluten-free! So flavorful and comforting!
- Roasted Butternut Enchiladas with Quick Mole Sauce -Topped with cilantro, avocado and toasted sesame and pumpkin seeds. A fast and delicious vegetarian dinner recipe full of amazing flavor!
- Emerald Dal – is one of the most flavorful, plant-based, vegetarian meals on the blog! Packed full of spinach making it especially high in nutrients and flavor! Rich, fragrant, and loaded with protein, think of this Indian- inspired dinner like you would, Saag Paneer, but substituting lentils instead of the Cheese!
- Farmers Market Veggie Enchiladas Made with black beans and your choice of veggies and 5-Minute Enchilada Sauce! Easy, Healthy, and full of delicious Mexican Flavor!
- Indian Sheperd’s Pie is made with lentils, veggies, and fragrant Garam Masala, topped with curry mashed potatoes. Truly one of the most delicious vegetarian recipes on the blog!
- Creamy Polenta with Mushrooms and Sage – simple, comforting and full of good flavor- that can be made in under 30 minutes!
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta is full of flavor and nutrients! Made with more cauliflower than pasta, and tossed with toasted walnuts, garlic, parsley and lemon zest – a delicious fall-inspired dinner recipe!
- Eggplant Lasagna -made with succulent roasted eggplant, ricotta, and no-boil noodles, topped with Arugula Pesto. A delicious, healthy vegetarian dinner recipe that is comforting and nourishing.
- Polenta Lasagna is hearty like lasagna, but made with polenta instead of noodles! Filled with spinach, mushrooms and ricotta and topped with Smoky Red Bell Pepper Sauce.
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta is full of flavor and nutrients! Made with more cauliflower than pasta, and tossed with toasted walnuts, garlic, parsley and lemon zest.
- Oaxacan Baked Sweet Potatoes are infused with Mexican flavors, served over optional Mole Sauce. Healthy, flavorful and perfect for Sunday meal prep.
- Tuscan bean Soup – a hearty vegetarian dinner recipe called Ribollita with cannellini beans, lacinato kale, and vegetables, served with crusty bread, drizzled with a Lemon Rosemary Garlic Oil.
- Indian Fried Rice is infused with turmeric and fragrant Indian Spices, packed full of healthy veggies, and can be made in under 30 minutes.
- Mexican Rice made with brown rice, topped with sheet-pan roasted yams, red onions, and shishito peppers. Top with pickled jalapeños and pumpkin seeds.
- Baked Ziti with Mushrooms & Spinach- a simple, hearty vegetarian dinner that is made in one pan, with no pre-boiling the pasta!
- Roasted Chili Rellenos with Black beans – A lightened-up recipe (with the addition of black beans) and simplified by roasting (instead of frying) the peppers and the Rancheros sauce ingredients all together on one sheet-pan.
In a Hurry? FAST VEGETARIAN DINNERS
With these fast and easy vegetarian dinners, the struggle will be over. All require very little hands-on time (before baking in the oven) or can be whipped up in 15-30 minutes.
- Broccolini Mushroom Stir Fry with Tofu -a fast and easy meal that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Vegan!
- Enchilada Pie – a fast and easy vegetarian dinner made with layered tortillas, black beans, corn, peppers and enchilada sauce. Vegan adaptable!
- Easy Baked Tacos- These Vegetarian tacos are fast and easy, kid-friendly and just 10 minutes of prep before going into the oven to bake.
- Farmers Market Veggie Fried Rice This simple Veggie Fried Rice can be made in under 20 minutes with leftover rice and is packed full of nutrients and vegan-adaptable.
- Easy to Make Pad Thai– an easy, authentic recipe made with accessible ingredients that can be made vegetarian with tofu.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Dinners
These Vegetarian Dinners are designed to be made in your Instant Pot. With very little hands-on time required, you can set your instant pot and walk away!
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup with mushrooms and spinach- a healthy vegetarian soup recipe that is filling, flavorful and vegan adaptable!
- Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff a simple, easy vegetarian weeknight dinner that is creamy, hearty and full of delicious depth and flavor! Vegan Adaptable!
- Instant Pot Pinto Bean Stew made in an Instant pot using dry pinto beans, yams, corn, and poblanos. A hearty, flavorful and vegan-adaptable weeknight dinner. (Allow 8-hours for bean soaking!)
- Cuban Black Bean Soup (Instant Pot w/ Dry Beans) Here’s a plant-based dinner recipe that can be made in an Instant Pot using dry beans- Cuban Blackbean Soup! It’s hearty and flavorful and full of healthy veggies.
- Chana Masala (Instant Pot or Stovetop) An authentic recipe for Indian Chana Masala using dry or canned chickpeas that can be made in an Instant pot.
Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes
Here are a few of our favorite, healthy vegetarian breakfast recipes- great for any time of the day!
- Homemade Granola! Full of healthy nuts, seeds, and delicious golden clusters, make this ahead for breakfast at the ready!
- Skillet-Baked Huevos Rancheros –a healthy vegetarian version of one of our favorite Mexican-style breakfasts! Eggs are baked over Mexican-style beans with crispy tortillas, avocado, fresh tomato (or pico de gallo) and cilantro.
- Vegetable Frittata Baked in the Oven_This delicious Baked Frittata is baked in the oven and packed full of healthy vegetables. It’s versatile, easy and can be made ahead – perfect for a special vegetarian breakfast or brunch.
- Shakshuka! a North African baked Egg dish perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner! Serve with crusty bread to mop up the flavorful juices. A simple delicious vegetarian meal bursting with flavor.
- Tuscan Farmers Breakfast Gently simmered eggs over a flavorful cannellini bean stew topped an herby gremolata sauce. A hearty vegetarian breakfast -healthy and tasty!
Vegetarian Lunch Recipes
These vegetarian lunch recipes are full of amazing flavor and are very nourishing- highlighting seasonal veggies.
- Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps with Toasted Coconut
- Middle Eastern Eggplant Wrap
- Southwest Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Spicy Lentil Tahini Wrap
- Lemony Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Healthy Vegetarian Buddha Bowls
These vegetarian bowls can be prepped ahead for the busy week and can be served any time of day!
- Miso Mushroom Bowl
- Fresh & Delicious Banh Mi Noodle Bowl ( aka Bun Chay)
- Seoul Bowl (Vegan Bibimbap!)
- Bali Bowls with Peanut Tofu
- Salsa Macha Recipe (and Bowls)!
More Vegetarian Recipes to enjoy!
- 25 Delicious Vegetarian Soup Recipes
- 25 Delicious Vegan Buddha Bowls!
- Our 25 BEST Lentil Recipes!
- Our 20 Best Chickpea Recipes!
- 40 MOUTHWATERING VEGAN DINNER RECIPES
- 25 Delicious Healthy Lunches
Enjoy these healthy delicious vegetarian meals and please let us know your favorites in the comments below!Print
Here is our newly updated, 50 Best Vegetarian Meals! These “tried and true” vegetarian dinners are reader favorites- all hearty, flavorful and comforting. Whether you are wanting to eat more veggies, consume a little less meat, or shift into a more whole foods plant-based lifestyle- you’ll find some good inspiration here.
Pick out a few to try this week and let us know your favorites in the comments below.
Keywords: vegetarian recipes, vegetarian dinners, vegetarian meals, vegetarian soups, fall dinner recipes, fall vegetarian dinner recipes, vegetarian dinners fall,