This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
The highest quality that a human being can reach is to be independent of the good opinion of others. Mazlow
This Miso Pasta is addictingly delicious! Pasta is tossed with browned butter and miso past, with a little parmesan that gets creamy when whisked with a little hot pasta water.
Here we’ve tossed the Miso Pasta with sauteed morel mushrooms, but really most any veggie would work well here. Comb through your fridge and look for what needs using up.
Ingredients in Miso Pasta
- Pasta– use any pasta you like- spaghetti, linguini, fettuccini, penne, etc.
- Miso Paste – I love using white miso paste for its subtle flavor, but other miso will work well too.
- Butter- browning the butter gives this a deliciously nutty flavor.
- Garlic and Shallots – add depth of flavor.
- Mushrooms- use your favorite mushrooms- shiitake, morels, chanterelles, cremini, maitake, oyster, etc.
- Pecorino Cheese- gives a creaminess to the pasta as well as depth.
- Fresh Parsley- the parsley brightens the dish and gives it an overall freshness.
What to serve with Miso Pasta
More recipes you may enjoy
- 40 Irresistible Mushroom Recipes!
- Mushroom Toast
- Simple Sautéed Mushrooms
- Polenta with Wild Mushrooms, Garlic and Sage
- Mushroom Risotto with Frizzled Leeks
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Artichoke Pasta
This Miso Pasta is full of depth and flavor. An easy weeknight meal that comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 8 oz pasta- spaghetti, linguini, fettucini, penne, etc.
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 – 3 cups mushrooms – morels, shiitake, cremini, maitake, oyster, etc.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1/2 –1 cup hot pasta water
- 1/4–1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- Cook pasta: In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil along with 2 teaspoons salt, and cook pasta until al dente. Save 1 cup hot pasta water, when draining.
- Cook the mushroom In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil and garlic and shallots. Saute 1-2 minutes until just fragrant. Add mushrooms. Saute on med-low heat until tender, season with salt and pepper and set the mushrooms aside.
- In the same pan, add 1/4 cup butter, and lightly brown over low heat until golden and fragrant. To the brown butter, whisk in 1/2 cup pasta water and 1 tablespoon miso pasta and whisk. Whisk in the cheese and whisk until creamy. Add more pasta water to loosen if you like.
- Place the cooked pasta into the creamy miso sauce, and toss well, then add the mushrooms, gently combining. Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle with Italian parsley.
Tip: For extra nuttiness, toast your pasta first, placing it single-layered on a sheet pan in a 375F oven for 15-20 minutes or nicely golden, then cook like normal.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 113.3 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
- Cholesterol: 37.9 mg
Keywords: miso pasta, miso mushroom pasta, miso pasta recipe,