This Miso Pasta is full of depth and flavor. An easy weeknight meal that comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 8 oz pasta- spaghetti, linguini, fettucini, penne, etc.
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 – 3 cups mushrooms – morels, shiitake, cremini, maitake, oyster, etc.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1/2 –1 cup hot pasta water
- 1/4–1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- Cook pasta: In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil along with 2 teaspoons salt, and cook pasta until al dente. Save 1 cup hot pasta water, when draining.
- Cook the mushroom In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil and garlic and shallots. Saute 1-2 minutes until just fragrant. Add mushrooms. Saute on med-low heat until tender, season with salt and pepper and set the mushrooms aside.
- In the same pan, add 1/4 cup butter, and lightly brown over low heat until golden and fragrant. To the brown butter, whisk in 1/2 cup pasta water and 1 tablespoon miso pasta and whisk. Whisk in the cheese and whisk until creamy. Add more pasta water to loosen if you like.
- Place the cooked pasta into the creamy miso sauce, and toss well, then add the mushrooms, gently combining. Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle with Italian parsley.
Tip: For extra nuttiness, toast your pasta first, placing it single-layered on a sheet pan in a 375F oven for 15-20 minutes or nicely golden, then cook like normal.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 113.3 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
- Cholesterol: 37.9 mg
Keywords: miso pasta, miso mushroom pasta, miso pasta recipe,