This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Calling all mushroom lovers! Here are the most delicious mushroom recipes to fall head-over-heels in love with. Earthy, meaty and flavorful mushrooms are a cook’s dream.
This collection features our favorite mushroom recipes from around the globe. From mouthwatering mushroom dinners to pastas, soups, salads and everything in between, there is something for everyone.
And now our best mushroom recipes…
Table of Contents
- And now our best mushroom recipes…
- Mouthwatering Mushroom Dinners
- Mushroom Risotto with Frizzled Leeks
- Turkey Mushroom Bolognese
- Chipotle Portobello Tacos
- Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast with Wild Mushrooms
- Mushroom Toast
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms, Garlic & Sage
- Chicken Marsala
- Mushroom Wellington with Rosemary and Pecans
- Gorgonzola Chicken with Mushrooms & Sage
- Portobello Mushroom Burger (Vegan)
- Vegan Shepherds Pie
- Polenta with Wild Mushrooms, Garlic and Sage
- Mushroom Pasta
- Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Artichoke Pasta
- Spaghetti with Morels and Miso Brown Butter Sauce
- Baked Ziti with Mushrooms & Spinach (No Boil!)
- Gnocchi with Fennel, Spinach and Mushrooms
- Vegan Lasagna Bolognese
- Zesty Vegan Pasta with Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom soup
- Mushroom Soup for the soul
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Coconut Curry Tofu with Turmeric & Shiitakes
- Kimchi Soup with Shiitakes, Tofu and Kale (Vegan)
- Vegan Ramen with Miso Shiitake Broth
- Wild Mushroom Sunchoke Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup w/ Spinach & Mushrooms
- Mushroom Lentil Stew with Fennel and Sage
- 20-Minute Miso Soup with Leeks, Mushrooms and Greens
- 30-Minute Mushroom recipes
- Tofu Stir-Fry with Broccolini and Mushrooms
- Stir-fry Tofu, Brussels Sprouts & Mushroom Bowl
- Asparagus Mushroom Stir-Fry
- Mushroom Bowls
- Miso Mushroom Bowl
- Roasted Sunchoke and Mushroom Barley Bowl
- Mushroom Salads
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Maitake Mushrooms
- Spring Pasta Salad with Asparagus & MOrel MusHrooms
- Thai Oyster Mushroom Salad
- Grilled Portobello Salad with Avocado
- Mushroom Sides
- Smoked Mushrooms (on your stovetop!)
- Simple Sautéed Mushrooms
- Easy Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- Mushroom Appetizers
- Teriyaki Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
- Mushroom Bruschetta with Triple Cream Brie, Sage and Truffle Oil
- Mushroom Powder!
- Wild Mushroom Powder
- 40+ Amazing Mushroom Recipes!
Mouthwatering Mushroom Dinners
These hearty dinners all feature mushrooms front and center. Whether you are cooking with wild mushrooms or tame mushrooms, these healthy mushroom recipes will satisfy you.
Mushroom Risotto with Frizzled Leeks
Mushroom Risotto with rosemary, garlic and frizzled leeks- a satisfying, elegant vegetarian dinner, perfect for special occasions, date nights or entertaining.
Turkey Mushroom Bolognese
Slow Cooker Turkey Mushroom Bolognese- a lightened-up version that is packed with flavor and depth. Simple, easy healthy recipe!
Chipotle Portobello Tacos
Sheet-Pan, Chipotle Portobello Tacos – smoky, spicy and “meaty” – these VEGAN tacos are sure to satisfy even the most diehard meat lovers! Make them in 30 minutes!
Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast with Wild Mushrooms
Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast with Wild Mushrooms- a simple, elegant recipe perfect for a special gathering or the holiday table.
Dinner can be as simple as this; Mushroom Toast with Spinach, Garlic, Thyme and Lemon zest. Serve it as a meal with a hearty salad, or top it with an egg for extra protein and richness.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms, Garlic & Sage
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with mushrooms, garlic and sage- a flavorful and healthy low-carb meal that feels like a comforting pasta dish! Perfect for fall! Keep it vegan or add grated Romano cheese!
A classic recipe for Chicken Marsala with double the mushrooms! An Italian-inspired dinner served over creamy polenta. A delicious weeknight dinner idea! Vegetarian Adaptable- see notes. 😉
Mushroom Wellington with Rosemary and Pecans
Mushroom Wellington with Rosemary and Pecans – a simple, tasty vegan main dish, that can be made ahead, perfect for holiday gatherings!
Gorgonzola Chicken with Mushrooms & Sage
Creamy Gorgonzola Chicken with Mushrooms and Sage is flavorful, decadent, and perfect for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries or Valentine’s day. The creamy gorgonzola sauce is dreamy and delicious.
Portobello Mushroom Burger (Vegan)
This Asian-style, vegan portobello mushroom burger is full of delicious umami flavor! It’s slathered with Asian-style Guacamole and topped with a cool cucumber ribbon salad and crunchy carrot slaw. Healthy, delicious and really satisfying. AND totally vegan!
Vegan Shepherds Pie
The BEST Vegan Shepherds Pie with mushrooms and root vegetables- topped with vegan mashed potatoes. A delicious vegan main dish -perfect for the holidays! Updated 11/2021
These mushroom pasta recipes are homey and comforting, perfect for date nights or cozy evenings at home. All of these are vegetarian and many are vegan or vegan-adaptable.
Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
Instant Pot Mushroom Stroganoff – a simple, easy vegetarian weeknight dinner that is creamy, hearty and full of delicious depth and flavor! Vegan Adaptable! See Stovetop version below!
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Artichoke Pasta
Vegan Mushroom Pasta with roasted sunchokes and a creamy vegan artichoke heart sauce ( use canned or frozen artichoke hearts) that can be made in under 30 minutes! Delicious, healthy, nut-free and totally vegan.
Spaghetti with Morels and Miso Brown Butter Sauce
Spaghetti with Morel Mushrooms and Miso Brown Butter Sauce, and simple delicious meal highlighting morel’s special flavor.
Baked Ziti with Mushrooms & Spinach (No Boil!)
No-Boil Baked Ziti with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ricotta – a simple, healthy one-pot meal with only 15 minutes of hands-on time before baking in the oven. Vegan and GF adaptable!
Gnocchi with Fennel, Spinach and Mushrooms
Caramelized fennel, sautéed mushrooms and wilted spinach combine perfectly with pa-seared potato gnocchi and topped with creamy goat cheese. Savory rich flavors, yet simple to put together!
Vegan Lasagna Bolognese
This Vegan Lasagna is made with a robust mushroom-spinach bolognese sauce, fresh basil, vegan ricotta and no-boil lasagna noodles topped off with a creamy marinara sauce, drizzled with Arugula Basil Pesto. Vegan comfort food at its best! READ NOTES.
Zesty Vegan Pasta with Cashew Alfredo Sauce
Date night Vegan Alfredo for two, tossed in a delicious cashew (or hemp) cream, with sauteed mushrooms, Meyer lemon zest and a secret ingredient that gives this extra complexity, flavor and depth. Can be made in under 30 minutes! Try this with Smoked Mushrooms for extra WOW factor!
Creamy Mushroom soup
Mushroom Soup for the soul
We love the depth and umami that mushrooms bring to soups and stews. So meaty, savory and earthy! Here are a few of our favorite mushroom soup recipes we think you will love.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup with Rosemary and Garlic – a delicious easy recipe that is Keto friendly and perfect for special gatherings or simple enough for weeknight dinners! Serve this with crusty bread for a simple hearty meal! GF and Vegan adaptable!
Coconut Curry Tofu with Turmeric & Shiitakes
Coconut Curry Tofu with Turmeric & Shiitakes, a quick vegan and gluten-free meal with detoxing turmeric. Can be made in 20 minutes!
Kimchi Soup with Shiitakes, Tofu and Kale (Vegan)
A non-traditional version of Kimchi Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms, Silken Tofu and Kale that is vegan and gluten-free adaptable. Spicy, hot and sour, serve over rice, noodles or on its own, with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Vegan Ramen with Miso Shiitake Broth
Vegan Raman with Miso Shiitake Broth – a simple delicious recipe for making the most flavorful bowl of vegan ramen soup!
Wild Mushroom Sunchoke Soup
Wild Mushroom Sunchoke Soup with Truffle oil. A cozy vegan soup that is luxurious and decadent yet simple to make- perfect for fall.
Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
Learn how to make authentic Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) with this simple delicious recipe. Can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. Gluten-free and vegan adaptable! Updated 3/20 ( see notes)
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup w/ Spinach & Mushrooms
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup with mushrooms and spinach- a healthy vegetarian soup recipe that is easy, fast and vegan adaptable! Gluten-free! (Inspired from Pinch of Yum)
Mushroom Lentil Stew with Fennel and Sage
This recipe for Mushroom Lentil Stew with Fennel and Sage is earthy, hearty and richly spiced. So satisfying and vegan!
30-Minute Mushroom recipes
These simple weeknight dinners can be made in under 30 minutes. Made with your choice of protein- tofu, chicken or shrimp, they are versatile and easy.
Tofu Stir-Fry with Broccolini and Mushrooms
Flavorful recipe for Tofu Stir-Fry with Broccolini and Mushrooms – this can also be made with shrimp or chicken -simple, flavorful vegan and gluten free, fast and easy!
Stir-fry Tofu, Brussels Sprouts & Mushroom Bowl
Stir-fry Tofu, Brussel Sprouts and Mushroom bowl with sesame seeds, scallions and Sriracha – a quick healthy dinner.
These hearty flavorful Buddha Bowls feature mushrooms front and center.
Miso Mushroom Bowl
This plant-based Miso Mushroom Bowl is served over a bed of warm brown rice, topped with healthy veggies and drizzled with the tastiest Sesame Miso Ginger Dressing (that you’ll want to put on everything)! Vegan & Gluten-Free.
We love serving earthy mushrooms in salads. A great way to feature maitake mushrooms, morels and oyster mushrooms!
Grilled Romaine Salad with Maitake Mushrooms
Grilled Romaine Salad with Maitake Mushrooms and Furikake Caesar Dressing -a Japanese-Inspired Caesar salad that comes together in 20 minutes! Vegan adaptable!
Spring Pasta Salad with Asparagus & MOrel MusHrooms
A flavorful Spring-inspired Pasta Salad with Spring Vegetables and a Zesty Lemon Parsley dressing.
Thai Oyster Mushroom Salad
Thai Oyster Mushroom Salad with Tofu is a simple, delicious recipe infused with fresh Thai flavors- lemongrass, shallot, mint, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. A light and healthy meal-all in one dish!
These mushroom side dishes will elevate any meal!
Smoked Mushrooms (on your stovetop!)
How to smoke mushrooms on your stovetop! Elevate your vegan and vegetarian mains with Smoked Mushrooms! This simple easy technique requires no special equipment and can be made on your stovetop. Add flavor, complexity and depth to dishes you are already making, in 15-20 minutes!
Simple Sautéed Mushrooms
These simple Sautéed Mushrooms can transform even the humblest of meals into a feast! Quick, easy and full of nutrients, a delicious healthy side dish that pairs with many things!
These light and savory appetizers are a beautiful start to any meal.
Teriyaki Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
Delicious Vegan Lettuce Wraps are filled with Teriyaki Mushrooms and brown rice- an easy Asian-inspired lunch idea or appetizer that is healthy, vegan and satisfying. Gluten-free Adaptable! Made with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
Mushrooms are low in both calories and carbs, while providing a wealth of macro and micronutrients – B vitamins, selenium, zinc, Vitamin D, and copper.
Mushrooms are high in antioxidants, particularly ergothioneine and glutathione, which may protect cells from damage.
Mushrooms can be sauteed, grilled, roasted or simmered, all with great results.
Button, cremini, portobello, shiitake, oyster, morel, chanterelle, porcini, enoki and maitake.
Mushrooms’ high moisture content makes them very perishable. Store them in a paper bag or container with airflow to allow air circulation. Mushrooms can also be wrapped in a paper towel and placed in an opened plastic bag. Mushrooms can last up to 10 days in the fridge if stored properly.
Use a brush or rough towel to brush away any loose debris, keeping mushrooms dry instead of washing them in water. If mushrooms are very dirty and must be washed, make sure to towel dry or air dry them on a sheet pan before cooking.
40+ Amazing Mushroom Recipes!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: main
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Earthy, meaty and flavorful, mushrooms offer a plethora of uses in the kitchen! Here are our 40 Best Mushroom Recipes from around the globe: Mushroom Cacio e Pepe
Simple Sauteed Mushrooms
- 16 ounces mushrooms- cremini, button, shiitake, portobellos, chanterelles, morels, porcini, oyster
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, sage, or rosemary
- optional: splash white wine, red wine, marsala wine, sherry wine, ruby port, etc.
- optional additions: truffle oil, soy sauce, fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- Clean mushrooms using a dry brush or towel. If very dirty, wash or soak in water, pat dry and allow to fully dry on the counter or on a sheet pan in a warm oven. Key is to start with DRY mushrooms.
- Cut or tear to a similar size- roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute until just beginning to brown about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium or medium-low. Add shallots, garlic and thyme, continue sauteeing until fragrant and mushrooms release their liquid, and cook this off, another 5-7 minutes.
- Add a splash of wine if you like, to deglaze the pan. Cook this off.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Add a few drops of truffle oil to elevate ordinary mushrooms, or a few drops of soy sauce if seeking deeper umami flavors. The key is to use a light hand. For brightness a little fresh parsley is nice.
Serve atop your favorite pasta, or as a side with chicken, fish, over pizza, etc.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 599.1 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 7.6 mg
Keywords: mushroom recipes, 40 mushroom recipes, mushroom recipes easy, mushroom recipes healthy, mushroom pasta recipes, mushroom soups, mushroom dinner recipes
Can’t wait to try all of these. Made the Mushroom Stuffing for Thanksgiving and everyone fought over the leftovers.
Great to hear Craig!