This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Tofu Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Mushrooms is a quick, easy 30-minute weeknight dinner loaded with healthy vegetables! Vegan and GF adaptable!
When life gets busy, stir-fry to the rescue! It comes together so quickly and easily and in under 30 minutes, you’ll have something healthy on the table. Bonus if you batch-make this recipe for jasmine rice ahead!
What I love about Tofu Stir Fry!
This Tofu Stir-Fry is highly adaptable. Use what veggies you have in the fridge. The sauce is 100% scratch-made. Keep it completely vegan or switch it up if you like and use shrimp or chicken. Lots of options here folks! Full of flavor, it feels so healthy and stress-free.
Tofu Stir Fry Ingredients
- Extra firm Tofu – opt for organic, sprouted, non- gmo. Silken tofu is not the best here. There are high-protein tofu options on the market now as well.
- Veggies: Broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, shredded cabbage, bell peppers, asparagus. green beans, bok choy, broccolini, zucchini, etc.
- Onion or shallot
- Fresh Garlic cloves
- Oil: Coconut oil, avocado oil or peanut oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Sweetener: use sugar, maple, agave, sugar, brown sugar or honey simple syrup
- Rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce (or GF Braggs liquid Amino Acids)
- Dried red chilies- or sub sriracha or red chili paste
- Optional Garnishes- Peanut Chile Crunch, crispy shallots, crushed peanuts, cashews, scallions, sesame seeds or Furikake
Ways to serve Tofu Stir Fry
- Serve over Jasmine Rice or brown rice.
- Serve over rice noodles or soba noodles (I would double the sauce in this case!)
- Serve it on its own or over a bowl of baby spinach.
I love this vegan tofu stir-fry, not only because it’s flavorful but because it’s just so quick and easy to make! Plus it feels healthy and light.
Tofu Stir Fry Cooking Tips
- Make the stir-fry sauce first.
- Once the ingredients are prepped, gather them by the stove; stir-fries are very quick to cook and you want everything near you!
- Turn the hood on!
- Cook veggies until just tender-crisp!
You may also like!
More Recipes To enjoy!
- Cabbage Stir Fry
- 20+ Fresh Yummy Broccoli Recipes
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Kung Pao Zucchini
- Thai Green Bean Stir Fry
- Delicious Singapore Noodle Stir Fry with Curry Powder
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, stir fry, vegan
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Diet: Vegan
Flavorful recipe for Tofu Stir-Fry with veggies! A simple, vegan stir fry that 100 % made from scratch, easy, fast and delicious!
- 2– 3 tablespoons high-heat oil, divided (avocado, peanut, coconut)
- 12–16 ounces extra firm or firm tofu- patted dry, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 3–4 cups veggies- broccoli, broccolini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, match stick carrots, green beans, asparagus, etc.
- 4–5 chilies de arbol (dried red chilies)
- Optional Garnishes: Scallions, Peanut Chili Crunch, crushed peanuts or toasted cashews or almonds crispy shallots, sesame seeds
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or lite soy sauce, or sub-Braggs, GF Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener ( maple syrup, brown sugar, agave or honey simple syrup), fee free to cut back a bit if you like.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- optional: 1-3 teaspoons sriracha or red chili paste
- Prep the veggies, cutting them small so they cook quickly.
- Mix the stir-fry sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- In a wok or cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, season the oil with a generous 5 finger pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add tofu (or chicken or shrimp) and brown all sides flipping and turning until most sides are golden and crispy, about 5-6 minutes. If it is sticking, make sure the pan is well oiled, and let it develop a little golden crust before flipping. When it gets this “crust” it will naturally release itself from the pan- if it’s sticking, you may be flipping it prematurely. Set the tofu (or chicken or shrimp) aside.
- Add a little more oil to the wok and heat over medium heat. When hot, add onion and garlic, stirring constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add veggies. Continue stirring, turning heat to medium, stirring often until just tender. ( You can always add a splash of water, broth to help steam a bit, cooking this off.) Add dried chilies, and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stirfry sauce, and cook for 30 seconds. Add teh crispy tofu, give a few stirs, coating all. Taste for salt, add more if necessary. Divide among two bowls.
- Garnish as you please- see options.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or on its own.
- Feel free to sub-thinly sliced chicken breast for the tofu. Cook it first according to the tofu directions, seasoning the oil first with salt and pepper. You can find sweetened black vinegar and crispy shallots at the Asian Market.
- Serving Size: 1 cup ( not over rice)
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 364.1 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 13.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tofu stir fry, vegetable stir-fry vegan stir-fry, broccoli stir-fry, tofu stir-fry, broccoli and tofu recipes, vegan broccoli recipes, broccolini recipes, tofu broccoli,
Absolutely delicious! Quick and easy to make too!
Great to hear Josselyn!
Black vinegar! Never tried. Now I love it. This recipe was a hit. I baked my tofu ahead and mixed it in with the broccolini and it was great.
Sounds perfect Susan. So glad you gave it a try!
Used bok choi from the garden as that’s what I had on hand, and subbed chili garlic sauce…served over soba noodles, such a great lunch! Thanks for this delicious recipe!
It came out delicious!! Thanks for sharing. I steamed the broccolini much longer for my own liking.
Perfect Alexis- glad you enjoyed it!
Delicious! I used tempeh instead of tofu (easier to brown) and put in the T of p-nut butter and it was really tasty. Thank you!
Sounds tasty Deb!
This recipe was delicious! 😋 Thank you.
This is a simple recipe – and very good! But the step/step pointless details for whatever reason got on my nerves as I was cooking bec it made me think the recipe was convoluted 😫😅 Ex: “gather the rest of the ingredients by the stove” Whaaa. Anyways, loved it!
I put that there for new cooks- stir-frys cook so fast, and if you don’t have everything lined up ready to go by the stove- they burn quickly.
Hi are the above nutrition facts for one serving of this dish as vegan? Or for both servings? Loved it with amino acids!!
Hi Anna – one serving. 🙂
This is described as a VEGAN recipe. Honey is not vegan.
We had this for dinner today with noodles. It was OK….. nothing special and not worth the faffing about with cooking, setting a side and so on.it needs more variety of flavourings. Relying only on garlic and chilli is not interesting enough. I will revert to standard stir frying, adding things in stages and some spices other than chilli.
Hi Chris the honey is optional here. Things are added in stages- a pretty classic stir fry. I guess I’m sure what you mean? Sorry it wasn’t for you.
I always use agave; tastes just like honey – if not better!
Omg so good but simple to make. This is my 2nd week vegetarian and I’m so glad I found your site!
Thanks Ellie, appreciate this!
Great recipe. Simple but turned out great! One I’ll be cooking again 😛
I just got a chance to make it and it came out great! Thank you for the recipe.
I’ve made this twice now as it was so delicious! I’m not a huge fan of tofu so I left that out and tried the tip suggested in another comment of using peanut butter (crunchy) and the dish was absolutely wonderful. As I particularly like both broccolini and mushrooms this recipe will be become a fixture for me.
What a great combination of flavors. We add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter to it and serve it over brown rice.
Love that idea, I will have to try that too!
This recipe has now become one of my favourite!!! Delicious. I added some peanut butter to the sauce and used white wine vinegar (with some agave syrup) – it turned out amazing!
Thanks for your very useful newsletter!
What kind or brand of black vinegar do you recommend? Does it make any difference?
This bowl looks delicious!! I love mushrooms sautéed with a delicious sauce. 🙂
Thank you Sarah!!!