This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Tofu Stir-Fry with Broccoli and Mushrooms is a quick, easy 30-minute weeknight dinner loaded with healthy vegetables! Vegan and GF adaptable!
When life gets busy, stir-fry to the rescue! It comes together so quickly and easily and in under 30 minutes, you’ll have something healthy on the table. Bonus if you batch-make this recipe for jasmine rice ahead!
What I love about Tofu Stir Fry!
This Tofu Stir-Fry is highly adaptable. Use what veggies you have in the fridge. The sauce is 100% scratch-made. Keep it completely vegan or switch it up if you like and use shrimp or chicken. Lots of options here folks! Full of flavor, it feels so healthy and stress-free.
Tofu Stir Fry Ingredients
- Extra firm Tofu – opt for organic, sprouted, non- gmo. Silken tofu is not the best here. There are high-protein tofu options on the market now as well.
- Veggies: Broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, shredded cabbage, bell peppers, asparagus. green beans, bok choy, broccolini, zucchini, etc.
- Onion or shallot
- Fresh Garlic cloves
- Oil: Coconut oil, avocado oil or peanut oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Sweetener: use sugar, maple, agave, sugar, brown sugar or honey simple syrup
- Rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce (or GF Braggs liquid Amino Acids)
- Dried red chilies- or sub sriracha or red chili paste
- Optional Garnishes- Peanut Chile Crunch, crispy shallots, crushed peanuts, cashews, scallions, sesame seeds or Furikake
Ways to serve Tofu Stir Fry
- Serve over Jasmine Rice or brown rice.
- Serve over rice noodles or soba noodles (I would double the sauce in this case!)
- Serve it on its own or over a bowl of baby spinach.
I love this vegan tofu stir-fry, not only because it’s flavorful but because it’s just so quick and easy to make! Plus it feels healthy and light.
Tofu Stir Fry Cooking Tips
- Make the stir-fry sauce first.
- Once the ingredients are prepped, gather them by the stove; stir-fries are very quick to cook and you want everything near you!
- Turn the hood on!
- Cook veggies until just tender-crisp!
More Recipes To enjoy!
- Cabbage Stir Fry
- 20+ Fresh Yummy Broccoli Recipes
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Kung Pao Zucchini
- Thai Green Bean Stir Fry
- Delicious Singapore Noodle Stir Fry with Curry Powder
Flavorful recipe for Tofu Stir-Fry with veggies! A simple, vegan stir fry that 100 % made from scratch, easy, fast and delicious!
- 2– 3 tablespoons high-heat oil, divided (avocado, peanut, coconut)
- 12–16 ounces extra firm or firm tofu- patted dry, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup onion- diced
- 4 garlic cloves- rough chopped
- 3–4 cups veggies- broccoli, broccolini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, match stick carrots, green beans, asparagus, etc.
- 4–5 chilies de arbol (dried red chilies)
- Optional Garnishes: Scallions, Peanut Chili Crunch, crushed peanuts or toasted cashews or almonds crispy shallots, sesame seeds
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or lite soy sauce, or sub-Braggs, GF Liquid Aminos)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener ( maple syrup, brown sugar, agave or honey simple syrup), fee free to cut back a bit if you like.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- optional: 1-3 teaspoons sriracha or red chili paste
- Prep the veggies, cutting them small so they cook quickly.
- Mix the stir-fry sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- In a wok or cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When hot, season the oil with a generous 5 finger pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add tofu (or chicken or shrimp) and brown all sides flipping and turning until most sides are golden and crispy, about 5-6 minutes. If it is sticking, make sure the pan is well oiled, and let it develop a little golden crust before flipping. When it gets this “crust” it will naturally release itself from the pan- if it’s sticking, you may be flipping it prematurely. Set the tofu (or chicken or shrimp) aside.
- Add a little more oil to the wok and heat over medium heat. When hot, add onion and garlic, stirring constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add veggies. Continue stirring, turning heat to medium, stirring often until just tender. ( You can always add a splash of water, broth to help steam a bit, cooking this off.) Add dried chilies, and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stirfry sauce, and cook for 30 seconds. Add teh crispy tofu, give a few stirs, coating all. Taste for salt, add more if necessary. Divide among two bowls.
- Garnish as you please- see options.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or on its own.
- Serving Size: 1 cup ( not over rice)
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 364.1 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 13.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tofu stir fry, vegetable stir-fry vegan stir-fry, broccoli stir-fry, tofu stir-fry, broccoli and tofu recipes, vegan broccoli recipes, broccolini recipes, tofu broccoli,