Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Enjoy the Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast with Wild Mushrooms , a simple elegant recipe perfect for your holiday dinner!
Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast with Wild Mushrooms , a simple elegant recipe perfect for a special gathering or the holiday table.
- 3 pound Rib Eye roast (or beef tenderloin, or Tri- tip loin- see notes)
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh rosemary, chopped, or other mix with sage
- 1/4 cup Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of chicken or beef stock
- 4 cups of a variety of Mushrooms, sliced to about the same size
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Tie the meat up with twine if need be.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Season meat generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet with cooking oil and sear all sides of the meat.
- Mix together rosemary and garlic. Coat the top of meat with herb-garlic mixture.
- Place the meat in a baking dish in the oven until the thermometer registers 130°F. For a 3 lb. roast this SHOULD take roughly 50-60 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Best bet is to use a thermometer and check at 30 minutes. After meat reachese 130F Let the meat rest, covered in foil, 20-30 minutes, before slicing.
- While the meat is roasting, Add stock to the skillet the meat was seared in and deglaze the pan, brining to a simmer, being sure to scrape the bits on the bottom. Allow to simmer until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms with butter until cooked through and then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the mushrooms and serve the sliced roast with accompanying mushroom sauce. Garnish serving platter with fresh rosemary if desired.
This success of this recipe is really dependent on the quality and cut of beef. Look for “prime” cuts or local, natural, grass fed options. “Choice” cuts are OK, but “select” cuts will just not taste as good.
The time in the oven will not only depend on the size of the roast, but also how long and deeply you pan sear the meat. A deeper sear is less time in the oven- I really recommend checking it earlier than you think.
You can also skip the searing if you prefer by placing the roast in a 500F oven for 15 minutes, before turning heat down to 350 F- but you will not get the lovely pan sauce from searing the meat- up to you.
- Calories: 285
Keywords: beef roast, best beef roast, roast beef recipes, beef roast recipes, rib eye roasts, beef tenderloin roasts