Rosemary Garlic Rib Eye Roast
A flavorful ribeye roast, crusted with garlic, rosemary and served with sautéed mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Northwest
- 3 pound Rib Eye roast ( or beef tenderloin, or Tri- tip loin- see notes)
- 1/4 cup Fresh rosemary, chopped, or other mix with sage
- 1/4 cup Garlic, chopped
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of a variety of Mushrooms, sliced to about the same size
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup of chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Tie the meat up with twine if need be.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Season meat generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet with cooking oil and sear all side of the meat.
- Mix together rosemary and garlic.
- Coat the meat with herb-garlic mixture.
- Roast in the preheated oven until medium-rare, about 20 minutes. (You could place on a bed of sliced onions)
- Saute the mushrooms with butter until cooked through and then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat from the skillet it was cooked in and bring the pan to the stove top. Add stock to the pan and deglaze the pan, being sure to scrape the bits on the bottom. Allow to simmer until thick.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce and serve the roast sliced with accompanying mushroom sauce. Garnish serving platter with fresh rosemary if desired.
This success of this recipe is really dependent on the quality and cut of beef. Look for “prime” cuts or local, natural, grass fed options. “Choice” cuts are OK, but “select” cuts will just not taste as good.