Happy summer! With the full moon and summer solstice lining up on the same day this year, summer feels especially magical. To celebrate, I partnered with Santa Rita Wines and Badia spices to create these flavorful Grilled Chilean Beef Skewers with Smokey Chipotle Sauce. Served with Cilantro Rice, this meal came together quickly and easily, perfect for a weeknight dinner outdoors. We set the table for two, poured a couple of glasses of Santa Rita Wine and enjoyed the evening relaxing and unwinding on the patio. Soon the stress of the work day was long forgotten.
Beef is cut into cubes an drizzled with olive oil, then seasoned along with garlic and lime zest. While the meat marinates for a few minutes, put a pot of rice on and make the flavorful smokey chipotle sauce.
Skewer the beef along with baby tomatoes and onions. Then grill.
Either serve the sauce on the size or drizzle overtop.
And now a word form our sponsors…
GRILLED CHILEAN BEEF SKEWERS W/ SMOKEY CHIMICHURRI
Grilled Smokey Spicy Chilean Beef Skewers with flavorful chimichurri and cilantro rice
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Chilean
- 2 lbs Beef- tenderloin, ribeye, sirloin, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- ⅛ Cup oil
- ⅛ Cup lime juice, plus zest of one lime
- 2 cloves garlic- finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon Badia “complete” Seasoning ( or sub 1 tsp onion powder,1 tsp dried oregano or thyme, 1 teaspoon cumin)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Note: If not using the Badia seasoning, add one more teaspoon salt
- Skewer additions: cherry or grape tomatoes, sweet onions
- Smokey Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ½ Cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno ( or use less for less spicy)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cilantro Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup cilantro- chopped
- 3 scallions – chopped
- 1 lime
- Garnish- lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- Soak 8 10 inch skewers in warm water.
- Cut the beef into cubes and place in a zip lock bag or in a medium bowl.
- Mix oil, lime juice and zest, garlic, spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the beef and seal the bag, shaking and mixing so all the beef is coated. Set aside on counter.
- Pre heat the grill.
- In a medium pot, add water and rice, bring to a boil. Cover, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, make the Smokey chimichurri.
- Place all chimichurri ingredients in a food processor, and pulse repeatedly ( 10 to 15 times) until cilantro and onion are all minced well. It need not be smooth, but more like the consistency of pesto. Place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the skewers alternating beef, cherry tomato, onion slice, then repeat until skewer is full. You should have about 3- 4 pieces of beef on each skewer.
- Grill the skewers over medium high heat, rotating until meat is nicely charred and cooked to desired done-ness.
- Place rice in a bowl, squeeze with lime, and scatter the cilantro and scallions overtop.
- Serve the skewers with the Smokey Chimichurri and the rice.