Grilled Chilean Beef Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce and Cilantro Rice. An easy flavorful weeknight meal. Substitute Cremini mushrooms or other veggies for the beef – for a flavorful vegan option. Paleo, Gluten-free and VEGAN ADAPTABLE!
Served with Cilantro Rice, this meal came together quickly and easily, perfect for a weeknight dinner outdoors. We set the table for two, poured a couple of glasses of Santa Rita Wine and enjoyed the evening relaxing and unwinding on the patio. Soon the stress of the workday was long forgotten.
Beef is cut into cubes an drizzled with olive oil, then seasoned along with garlic and lime zest. While the meat marinates for a few minutes, put a pot of rice on and make the flavorful chimichurri sauce.
Remember you can also make these with cremini mushrooms for a vegan version.
Skewer the beef along with baby tomatoes and onions. Then grill.
Either serve the Chimichurri sauce on the side or drizzle it over top.
Smoky, spicy and full of flavor, this chimichurri sauce recipe is the BEST!
- 2 lbs Beef- tenderloin, ribeye, sirloin, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes ( or sub 1 pound cremini mushrooms)
- ⅛ Cup oil
- ⅛ Cup lime juice, plus zest of one lime
- 2 cloves garlic- finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon Badia “complete” Seasoning ( or sub 1 tsp onion powder,1 tsp dried oregano or thyme, 1 teaspoon cumin)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Note: If not using the Badia seasoning, add one more teaspoon salt
- Skewer additions: cherry or grape tomatoes, sweet onions
Smokey Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ½ Cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno ( or use less for less spicy)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice, rinsed
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup cilantro- chopped
- 3 scallions – chopped
- 1 lime
- Garnish- lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- Soak 8 10 inch skewers in warm water.
- Cut the beef into cubes and place in a zip lock bag or in a medium bowl.
- Mix oil, lime juice and zest, garlic, spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the beef and seal the bag, shaking and mixing so all the beef is coated. Set aside on counter.
- Pre heat the grill.
- In a medium pot, add water and rice, bring to a boil. Cover, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, make the Smokey chimichurri. Place all chimichurri ingredients in a food processor, and pulse repeatedly ( 10 to 15 times) until cilantro and onion are all minced well. It need not be smooth, but more like the consistency of pesto. Place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the skewers alternating beef, cherry tomato, onion slice, then repeat until skewer is full. You should have about 3- 4 pieces of beef on each skewer.
- Grill the skewers over medium high heat, rotating until meat is nicely charred and cooked to desired done-ness.
- Place rice in a bowl, squeeze with lime, and scatter the cilantro and scallions overtop.
- Serve the beef skewers with the Smokey Chimichurri and the rice.
Keywords: beef skewers, beef kabobs, grilled beef kabobs, chimichurri sauce, grilled beef, chimichurri sauce, chimichurri beef, chimichurri