Truly the most flavorful and easy Chimichurri Sauce that will quickly become your new favorite condiment! It takes only 5 minutes to make in a food processor and is made with cilantro and parsley. Use it on tacos, grilled veggies, beef, chicken and fish! Vegan and Gluten-free!
This super flavorful Chimichurri Sauce Recipe is one we use often in our catering business. It adds such amazing flavor to grilled veggies, tacos, chicken and beef. We serve it up with grilled chicken or beef tri-tip loin, and together it’s a match made in heaven! And if you’ve been here a while you’ll know it from these Grilled Steak Tacos,one of my most popular recipes to date!
Chimichurri, if unfamiliar, originates from Argentina and is most often paired with grilled meats, and most typically beef. But over the years, we have found a myriad of uses for it!
Chimichurri Sauce loves to be paired with grilled things, so I most often serve it at home with grilled veggies and grilled fish. It is delicious in tacos or even Buddha Bowls. A spoonful or two swirled into soup can often bring it from boring to exciting.
I’ll spoon chimichurri over avocado toast, roasted veggies, scrambled eggs, or swirl it into yogurt for a flavorful chimichurri-yogurt sauce. There are so many uses!
This version of chimichurri is simplified and can be made in a food processor.
I like to use a combo of cilantro and parsley, and although this is not “traditional”, it suites my palate. Another twist in this version is the use of lime juice instead of red wine vinegar, which I’ll often use to give it a summery feel.
But this is interchangeable.
Sometimes I’ll add fresh oregano to the chimichurri sauce which is fairly traditional, and sometimes I’ll leave it out and feature cilantro more prominently.
It is a personal taste, so do what you like!
Feel free to play around and make this Chimichurri Sauce your own, and let me know how you serve it up it in the comments below!Print
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
BEST-EVER Chimichurri Sauce Recipe! Flavorful and EASY made with Cilantro and Parsley, this will be your new favorite condiment! With just 5 minutes of hands-on time, it is simple and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Sauces, Condiments
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Argentinean
- 1/4 cup onion, rough chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro or about 1 cup packed (stems OK)
- 1/2 bunch Italian Parsley- about 1 cup packed (thin stems OK)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (optional – feel free to leave this out)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1–2 limes) or use red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, more to the desired consistency
- ¾ tsp kosher salt and pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika– (optional –only if you like smokey flavor)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes, or to taste
- optional ( 1-2 tablespoons jalapeno or other green chili for heat)
- In a food processor, place onion and garlic (and fresh chili if using) and pulse several times until finely chopped. Add cilantro ( tender stems are fine) and Italian parsley (again, thin stems are fine), and optional oregano, pulse again until chopped.
- Add oil, lime juice, zest, smoked paprika (optional), salt and pepper.
- Pulse repeatedly until well combined (but not too smooth). If mixutre seems dry add alittle more oil.
- Taste, adjust salt, lime and heat to your liking.
- Set aside in small serving bowl, sprinkle with aleppo chili flakes and few cilantro leaves
- This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge, or freeze.
For a spicier version add fresh jalapeño!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Keywords: Chimichurri recipe, Chimichurri sauce, authentic chimichurri sauce, chimichurri cilantro Chimichurri sauce recipe, how to make chimichurri sauce, what is chimichurri sauce, easy chimichurri, cilantro chimichurri