Pulse a few times and add the olive oil.
Chimichurri Suce also tastes amazing on grilled meats and veggies!
Once they are tossed in the chimichurri, take them off the heat and serve. If doing as an appetizer, serve on a platter or chaffing dish with little wood cocktail forks.
Or simply served with rice for a main course.
How easy it that!? And so tasty!
Simple Chimichurri Shrimp – a fast, healthy and flavorful recipe that can be turned into dinner, served over rice, cauliflower rice, Everyday Quinoa or served up as an easy appetizer! Paleo, Gluten-free and full of amazing flavor!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp or prawns ( 21–26 in a pound) peeled and deveined.
- 2 tsp olive oil
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe ( you will use ½, save the rest– it is enough for 2 lbs shrimp)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and saute for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to medium low.
- Make the Chimichurri Sauce. In a food processor, place garlic and onion, and pulse several times until chopped. Add cilantro ( stems are fine) and Italian parsley ( again, thin stems are fine), pulse again until chopped. Add oil, lime juice, smoked paprika (optional) and salt. Pulse until combined. Set aside in small serving bowl.
- When shrimp are done, gently toss with ½ of the chimichurri sauce. (Trust me you will find other uses for the remainder…like on eggs, avocado toast, veggies or grilled chicken or fish ).
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, Everyday Quinoa or as an appetizer with mini forks.
Keywords: chimichurri shrimp, chimichurri shrimp recipe, chimichurri recipe, shrimp with chimichurri sauce, shrimp appetizer