Smoky Cauliflower Chimichurri Bowls! These filling vegan bowls are full of flavor and loaded up with healthy veggies, served over seasoned black beans (and optional rice) with Mexican Slaw, Chimichurri Sauce, avocado, cilantro, and pickled onions. Repurpose all the leftovers into tasty tacos!!!
Enter with Love the temple that is your own heart… silently allowing the deep within to flow on and into the deep beyond. ~Ramana Maharshi
Happy New Year friends! I’m not sure about you but boy am I ready to eat some vegan plant-based meals this month! To kick off our annual “Vegan January” here is one of our favorite meals as of late – Smoky Cauliflower Chimichurri Bowls!
Then the vegan cauliflower bowls are very easy to put together and there is comfort in knowing that something healthy awaits in the fridge.
But now a little twist. If you don’t feel like making the rice and beans- feel free to turn these into tacos! Or repurpose the leftovers into these tacos- your call.
Either way, you’ll have a few ways to use these ingredients.
To make the Smoky Roasted cauliflower – toss with olive oil, salt and spices.
Smoked paprika gives the cauliflower its smokiness.
Add some bell pepper or other veggies to the mix and spread out in a single layer on parchment-lined sheet pans.
Roast the cauliflower in a hot 425F oven until crispy and golden. You’ll need to stir these halfway through!
While the cauliflower is roasting, make or prep any sides you’d like for the bowls.
Chimichurri Cauliflower Bowls or Tacos:
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Mexican slaw (or sub grated cabbage or radishes)
- Pickled red onions (or sub scallions)
- Seasoned Black Beans
- Rice or a grain (optional) or Tortillas
Then it’s just a matter of assembling. Which is why I love love love bowls!
Have fun and make them pretty friends!
Watermelon radishes are sooooo beautiful here!
And remember, you can take the leftovers and repurpose them into tacos the next day! So tasty!
So meal prep these babies for the coming week. Make the Mexican Slaw, make the chimichuri, make the seasoned black beans and feel good about having some healthy things in your fridge to have on hand.
Here are a few more Healthy Vegan Buddha Bowls!
Here are our 40 Most Popular Vegan Recipes!
Hope your year is off to a beautiful start.
Chimichurri Cauliflower Bowls ( or Tacos!)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: main
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: South American
Smoky Roasted Cauliflower:
- one head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- red bell pepper, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Seasoned Black beans:
- 1 x 14-ounce can black beans ( serves 2-3, feel free to double) rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- drizzle olive oil
Mexican Slaw (or sub shredded cabbage or radishes)
Other toppings: sliced avocado, pickled red onions, cilantro, sprouts.
- If making rice or quinoa, cook it according to directions first.
- Roast the Cauliflower: Toss Cauliflower with olive oil, salt and spices in a large bowl, and place in a single layer, on parchement-lined sheet pans ( you may need two. Cut the bell pepper in half and place on the same sheet pan open side down. Roast 12 minutes, turn cauliflower over, rotating racks ( top rack will cook faster) and cook another 12-15 minutes, until nice and golden, and fork-tender.
- Make the Chimichurri Sauce, optional Mexican slaw and optional pickled onions
- Season the blackbeans: Warm up the black beans in a small pot on the stove, adding water, spices, salt and oil.
- Assemble Bowls: Layer rice and beans, top with roasted cauliflower. Drizzle with a little chimichurri sauce and garnish with the slaw, avocado, pickled onions, sprouts and cilantro.
These also taste great as a wrap or burrito!
Keywords: roasted cauliflower bowl, Chimichurri cauliflower bowl, cauliflower with Chimichurri sauce, cauliflower Chimichurri bowl