Roast in the oven at 425F until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.
Make the gremolata.
Italian parsley is the base herb of gremolata…. but sometimes I’ll add fresh mint, basil or even cilantro.
Chop it finely. You need 1 Cup of fresh chopped herbs.
Add zest of one large lemon.
Add two to three finely minced garlic cloves.
When the cauliflower is tender and golden, arrange on a platter.
Top with the gremolata.
Or if plating a special dinner, place a roasted cauliflower steak on a plate, making a “bed” for your protein to lay overtop.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata, a healthy delicious vegan side dish that is simple and easy, and full of flavor!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: vegan side, side dish, low carb
- Method: baked, roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Remove cauliflower leaves and trim sides of the stem, leaving the length. Slice Cauliflower into ½ inch to ¾ inch thick slices. ( See photo). Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and a little pepper. Roast in the oven, uncovered until golden and tender, about 30 minutes (check at 25 minutes). The thicker the slices the longer you will have to roast.
- While cauliflower steaks are roasting, make the gremolata.
- Chop Italian parsley ( some stems are ok) finely, to make roughly one cup, and place in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- When Cauliflower is tender, arrange on a platter, and drizzle gremolata over top.
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, cauliflower steaks, how to roast cauliflower, how to make cauliflower steaks, roasted cauliflower recipes, vegan side dishes, vegan side dish recipes, gremolata recipe,