- 1 extra large cauliflower-sliced into 3/4 inch slices (please see notes)
- olive oil
- salt, pepper and optional chili flakes
- 1 bunch Italian parsley- finely chopped- 1 Cup (or use part mint or cilantro)
- 2 garlic cloves- very finely minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil (make sure it is not bitter)
- zest of one large lemon (1 1/2 tablespoons) finely chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- optional- chili flakes to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Slice Cauliflower into ¾-inch thick slices. Trim the leaves away. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and a little pepper.
- Roast uncovered in the middle of the oven, until golden and fork tender, about 30 minutes (check at 25 minutes). The thicker the slices the longer they will need to roast.
- While cauliflower steaks are roasting, make the gremolata. Chop Italian parsley ( some stems are ok) finely, to make roughly one cup, and place in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Add chili flakes to taste, optional.
- When Cauliflower is golden and tender, arrange on a platter, and drizzle gremolata over the top.
- Alternatively, plate the cauliflower steak- serve over a bowl of creamy polenta, creamy risotto, rice, quinoa, stewy white beans or chickpeas etc. and drizzle with the gremolata.
Cauliflower: The number of cauliflower slices with stems intact depends on the size of the cauliflower. Plan on 2-3 slices for small to medium cauliflower, 3-4 slices for extra large ones. If cooking for a dinner party, I always pick up an extra one, just to be safe.
- Serving Size: One cauliflower steak with 2 tablespoons gremolata
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 217.7 mg
- Fat: 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cauliflower steak recipe, cauliflower steak, cauliflower steaks, how to make cauliflower steaks, roasted cauliflower steak, roasted cauliflower steaks, vegan side dishes, vegan side dish recipes, gremolata recipe,