Smokey Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce served over seasoned black beans and optional rice with Mexican slaw, avocado, cilantro and pickled onions.
Smoky Roasted Cauliflower:
- one head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- red bell pepper, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Seasoned Black beans:
- 1 x 14-ounce can black beans ( serves 2-3, feel free to double) rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- drizzle olive oil
2 cups cooked rice (optional, or sub quinoa or black rice)
Mexican Slaw (or sub shredded cabbage or radishes)
Other toppings: sliced avocado, pickled red onions, cilantro, sprouts.
- If making rice or quinoa, cook it according to directions first.
- Roast the Cauliflower: Toss Cauliflower with olive oil, salt and spices in a large bowl, and place in a single layer, on parchement-lined sheet pans ( you may need two. Cut the bell pepper in half and place on the same sheet pan open side down. Roast 12 minutes, turn cauliflower over, rotating racks ( top rack will cook faster) and cook another 12-15 minutes, until nice and golden, and fork-tender.
- Make the Chimichurri Sauce, optional Mexican slaw and optional pickled onions
- Season the blackbeans: Warm up the black beans in a small pot on the stove, adding water, spices, salt and oil.
- Assemble Bowls: Layer rice and beans, top with roasted cauliflower. Drizzle with a little chimichurri sauce and garnish with the slaw, avocado, pickled onions, sprouts and cilantro.
Repurpose these into tacos. Fold the warm cauliflower into warm tortillas, add chimichurri sauce, Mexican Slaw, avocado, seasoned black beans if you like, and your favorite hot sauce! Yum!!!
These also taste great as a wrap or burrito!
- Serving Size: with rice, black beans, avocado and Chimichurri sauce
- Calories: 535
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 978.9 mg
- Fat: 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.6 g
- Fiber: 16.7 g
- Protein: 14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted cauliflower bowl, Chimichurri cauliflower bowl, cauliflower with Chimichurri sauce, cauliflower Chimichurri bowl