- 1 lb large raw shrimp or prawns ( 21-26 in a pound) peeled and deveined.
- 2 tsp olive oil
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe ( you will use ½, save the rest– it is enough for 2 lbs shrimp)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and saute for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to medium low.
- Make the Chimichurri Sauce. In a food processor, place garlic and onion, and pulse several times until chopped. Add cilantro ( stems are fine) and Italian parsley ( again, thin stems are fine), pulse again until chopped. Add oil, lime juice, smoked paprika (optional) and salt. Pulse until combined. Set aside in small serving bowl.
- When shrimp are done, gently toss with ½ of the chimichurri sauce. (Trust me you will find other uses for the remainder…like on eggs, avocado toast, veggies or grilled chicken or fish ).
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, Everyday Quinoa or as an appetizer with mini forks.
- Serving Size: 4 ounce dinner portions
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 350.5 mg
- Fat: 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
- Cholesterol: 182.5 mg
Keywords: chimichurri shrimp, chimichurri shrimp recipe, chimichurri recipe, shrimp with chimichurri sauce, shrimp appetizer