Simple Chimichurri Shrimp – a fast, healthy and flavorful recipe that can be turned into dinner, served over rice, cauliflower rice, Everyday Quinoa or served up as an easy appetizer! Paleo, Gluten-free and full of amazing flavor!
- 1 lb large raw shrimp or prawns ( 21–26 in a pound) peeled and deveined.
- 2 tsp olive oil
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe ( you will use ½, save the rest– it is enough for 2 lbs shrimp)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and saute for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to medium low.
- Make the Chimichurri Sauce. In a food processor, place garlic and onion, and pulse several times until chopped. Add cilantro ( stems are fine) and Italian parsley ( again, thin stems are fine), pulse again until chopped. Add oil, lime juice, smoked paprika (optional) and salt. Pulse until combined. Set aside in small serving bowl.
- When shrimp are done, gently toss with ½ of the chimichurri sauce. (Trust me you will find other uses for the remainder…like on eggs, avocado toast, veggies or grilled chicken or fish ).
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, Everyday Quinoa or as an appetizer with mini forks.
Keywords: chimichurri shrimp, chimichurri shrimp recipe, chimichurri recipe, shrimp with chimichurri sauce, shrimp appetizer