Vegan Lentil Bowls – loaded up with greens, seasonal veggies, sprouts, almonds, avocado, fresh mint and an everyday tahini sauce! Vegan and GF
Here’s a super easy lunch idea, one that only requires a bit of assembling. Cooked lentils and “activated” almonds (almonds that have been soaked) give the bowl extra protein, along with this super easy Tahini Sauce.
Begin assembling your lentil bowls with a bed of greens. Add seasonal raw veggies — like radish, cauliflower, grated carrots, grated raw beets and avocado. Sprouts are a nice addition too. Add the cooked lentils and almonds.
Scatter fresh torn mint leaves over top and drizzle with the Tahini Sauce. So simple and satisfying…..and such a delicious way to eat raw veggies.
The fresh mint adds such a lovely brightness to the dish, elevating it from ordinary to something special. Give it a try.
If you are unfamiliar with “activated” or soaked almonds, here is a little run down.
The activation process requires raw almonds to be soaked in cool water for 12 hours. Think of this like sprouting grains or seeds.
It converts some of the starch to simpler sugars, and converts some of the protein as the emerging seed is breaking these down for fuel for its new growth. Soaking brings them alive and when they are alive, they are easier to digest and more nutritious.
After 12 hours of soaking they “awaken,” and their skins slip right off. They are alive now, or “activated” and can be refrigerated and kept up to a week like they are, or they can be dehydrated at a very low temp, for longer shelf life.
But why I love them so much — is for their very snappy texture. It really changes them! Just give it a try with a handful of raw almonds, just for fun, and see what you think.
I really love this salad piled into toasted pita bread, for extra heartiness.
Here are so more Vegan Bowls you may like!Print
Lentil Bowls – a healthy vegan bowl with lentils, seasonal veggies, almonds, sprouts, avocado and Everyday Tahini sauce. Vegan and GF
- 1 cup greens (spinach, arugula, lettuce)
- ½ cup cauliflower florets, sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- ¼ an avocado sliced
- ½ cup cooked lentils (or other bean)
- ½ shredded carrots or beets
- handful sprouted micro greens- optional
- ⅛ cup almonds (try soaking them- see NOTE below)
- 10 fresh mint leaves, torn
- Place the greens in the bottom of a bowl. Layer the lentils and veggies over the greens.
- Scatter the mint leaves over top.
- Drizzle the tahini sauce over top.
- Top with Sprouts and almonds
- To “activate” the almonds, soak raw almonds for 12 hours in a bowl of cool water on the counter. Slip the skins off. They will keep up to a week in the fridge, or dehydrate them low and slow for longer storage.
Keywords: lentil bowl, vegan lentil bowl, buddha bowl, vegan bowl with lentils, lentil buddha bowl,