Simple Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, lemon and parsley – a simple vegan side dish that is full of flavor! Vegan and gluten free!
Comfort is often found in the kitchen. With the turn of a dial, warmth and comfort can permeate our homes and hearts. I’m often surprised how dark and dreary days can be made a little brighter by simply turning the oven on and roasting something.
During the busy workweek we don’t always have the luxury or time to put a roast in the oven and let it cook for hours on end. But there are other things we can roast that can be made in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, which have the same healing, comforting effect.
Like this delicious, simple roasted cauliflower!
Simple Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, lemon and parsley!
Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, lemon, parsley and coriander seeds – a simple vegan side dish that is full of flavor! Vegan and gluten free! The caraways seeds are optional but add amazing and unique flavor!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Side dish
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: Pacific Northwest
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, whole if possible ( or use ground)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds ( or sub 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, or 2 teaspoons ground cumin)
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- zest of one lemon
- ½ -1 cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 3 T olive oil, or enough to coat
- pinch chili flakes
- Pre heat 450 F Oven.
- Trim leaves off the cauliflower, and cut into small florets.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the garlic, coriander seeds, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, chili flakes, lemon zest and olive oil. Toss to coat well.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly edges are lightly crisp and browned, tossing halfway through.
- Place in a serving dish and toss with the fresh chopped Italian parsley right before serving.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes if you like. Enjoy!
You can also cut the cauliflower into ¾ inch thick “steaks”, keeping the stem in tact, preparing the same way, spreading out on a sheet pan to bake.
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, vegan roasted cauliflower, vegan side dish, roasted cauliflower with garlic, roasted cauliflower with lemon, best roasted cauliflower recipe