Comfort is often found in the kitchen. With the turn of a dial, warmth and aroma permeate the cold dark parts of our home and psyche. Wet drizzly days can be made a little brighter by simply turning the oven on and roasting something. Try it and see. During the busy workweek we don’t always have the luxury or time to put a huge roast in the oven and let it cook for hours on end. But there are other things we can roast that can be made in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, which have the same comforting effect.
Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, lemon and caraway
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Coriander and Caraway Perfect fall side dish…vegan and gluten free!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Side dish
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 T coriander seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- zest of half a lemon lemon zest
- 1 T fresh Chopped italian parsley
- 3 T olive oil
- pinch chili flakes
- Pre heat 450 F Oven.
- Trim leaves off cauliflower, leaving stem intact, and slice into 3/4 inch slices. Slice garlic.
- Place both in a bowl and sprinkle garlic, coriander seeds, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, chili flakes, lemon zest and 2 T olive oil. Toss to coat well. Grease baking sheet with 1 T olive oil, spread out cauliflower mixture so and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly browned. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley and a little more lemon zest.