This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Roasted Cauliflower is one you will make on repeat! Made with fragrant whole spices, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and parsley it’s one of my favorites on the blog. Vegan and Gluten Free. Video.
Comfort is often found in the kitchen. With the turn of a dial, warmth and comfort can permeate our homes and hearts. I’m often surprised how dark and dreary days can be made a little brighter by simply turning the oven on and roasting something.
During the busy workweek, we don’t always have the luxury or time to put a roast in the oven and let it cook for hours on end. But there are other things we can roast that can be made in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, which has the same healing, comforting effect.
Like this delicious Roasted Cauliflower!
Roasted Cauliflower | 45-sec Video
Why I love Roasted Cauliflower
How to make Roasted Cauliflower
- Simply toss small cauliflower florets with the whole spices, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper and spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake on high heat ( 425F) until the edges are crispy and the cauliflower is tender, tossing halfway through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy! So easy.
More Cauliflower recipes you may enjoy
- Indian Cauliflower, Chickpea & Tofu Bowls
- Zaatar Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Green Tahini Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Toasted Walnuts, Parsley, Garlic & Lemon zest
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata
- Smoky Cauliflower Chimichurri Bowls
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Romesco Sauce & Lentils
Roasted Cauliflower with whole spices, garlic, lemon and parsley – a simple vegan side dish that is full of flavor! Vegan and gluten-free! The caraway seeds are optional but add amazing and unique flavor!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or enough to coat well.
- 6–8 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, whole if possible (or use ground)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (or sub more cumin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, (or ground cumin)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Trim leaves off the cauliflower, and cut it into small 1 -inch florets.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil. Add the garlic, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, chili flakes, lemon zest. Toss to coat well.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until fork tender and lightly edges are lightly crispy. Note: Depending on the size that you cut them this may need more or less time.
- Place in a serving dish making sure to get all the seeds from the tray- nd toss with the fresh chopped Italian parsley right before serving. Taste for salt, add more if needed.
TIP: If your cauliflower is cut too big, your garlic may burn, so cut it into small florets (or for larger florets, cook at 400F for 30 minutes)
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 339.7 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, vegan roasted cauliflower, vegan side dish, roasted cauliflower with garlic, roasted cauliflower with lemon, best roasted cauliflower recipe