This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Roasted Cauliflower is one you will make on repeat! Made with fragrant whole spices, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and parsley it’s one of my favorites on the blog. Vegan and Gluten Free. Video.
Comfort is often found in the kitchen. With the turn of a dial, warmth and comfort can permeate our homes and hearts. I’m often surprised how dark and dreary days can be made a little brighter by simply turning the oven on and roasting something.
During the busy workweek, we don’t always have the luxury or time to put a roast in the oven and let it cook for hours on end. But there are other things we can roast that can be made in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, which has the same healing, comforting effect.
Like this delicious Roasted Cauliflower!
Roasted Cauliflower | 45-sec Video
Why I love Roasted Cauliflower
How to make Roasted Cauliflower
- Simply toss small cauliflower florets with the whole spices, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper and spread out on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake on high heat ( 425F) until the edges are crispy and the cauliflower is tender, tossing halfway through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy! So easy.
More Cauliflower recipes you may enjoy
- Indian Cauliflower, Chickpea & Tofu Bowls
- Zaatar Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Green Tahini Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Toasted Walnuts, Parsley, Garlic & Lemon zest
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata
- Smoky Cauliflower Chimichurri Bowls
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Romesco Sauce & Lentils
Roasted Cauliflower with Whole Spices
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: Pacific Northwest
- Diet: Vegan
Roasted Cauliflower with whole spices, garlic, lemon and parsley – a simple vegan side dish that is full of flavor! Vegan and gluten-free! The caraway seeds are optional but add amazing and unique flavor!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or enough to coat well.
- 6–8 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, whole if possible (or use ground)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds (or sub more cumin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, (or ground cumin)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Trim leaves off the cauliflower, and cut it into small 1 -inch florets.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil. Add the garlic, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, chili flakes, lemon zest. Toss to coat well.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until fork tender and lightly edges are lightly crispy. Note: Depending on the size that you cut them this may need more or less time.
- Place in a serving dish making sure to get all the seeds from the tray- nd toss with the fresh chopped Italian parsley right before serving. Taste for salt, add more if needed.
TIP: If your cauliflower is cut too big, your garlic may burn, so cut it into small florets (or for larger florets, cook at 400F for 30 minutes)
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 339.7 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, vegan roasted cauliflower, vegan side dish, roasted cauliflower with garlic, roasted cauliflower with lemon, best roasted cauliflower recipe
I used a combination of seeds and ground as the ground coats better and the seeds pop the taste. I also added fresh lemon juice, just a 1/2 tablespoon in addition to the grated rind.
Perfect Suki- I agree, the more the better with the zest, right?
Absolutely delicious. It’s hard to believe the difference the lemon zest makes. I couldn’t get the caraway seeds so will try it with them if I come across them. Definitely a favourite recipe now. It’s those little things that make your recipes so special.
Awesome Clare- glad you gave it a go!
LOVE the roasted cauliflower with spices –so different , and simple but feels like a real treat!( a healthy treat)
Glad you enjoyed this Margaret!
Nice combo of flavors –did as noted except only olive oil spray–and used lemon juice at end too, oh, and skipped the garlic this time but my Pepper was a blend called Justice from Penzey and it has shallots peppercorns garlic chives green onion blend and is good on pretty much anything! Very good cauliflower. Roasted at same time as I had a chicken in the oven . Nice side dish.
Perfect Frances! Glad you enjoyed it!
I love this recipe! The coriander seeds get toasty and crunchy. My florets were on the larger side so needed the full 25 min which burned the garlic 🙁 so next time I will cut into smaller florets
I will note the recipe and glad you like the crunchy seeds- so do I. 😉
I love your recipes, and this is another good one. Your seasoning combinations are so good. I’ve been following Feasting at Home about a year and truly enjoy the experience. Thank you!
Aww thanks Joanne, really appreciate hearing this!
Another excellent recipe Sylvia! I followed the recipe exactly.. I’m eating it over a bed of farro for lunch now and I’m already looking forward to having it again with your best grilled chicken for dinner! What can I say – it’s a perfect blending of bright flavors with a touch of heat. Thanks again!
Awesome Mary! Glad you enjoyed this one!
can you make this a day ahead of time and just reheat?
I think that would be fine! Garnish after reheating!
A word about using parchment paper…paper catches fire at 451 F, so keep an eye on it!
Ooops! The brand of parchment made by “If you Care” can take high heat. 🙂
This is a simple dish and delicious in deed like I also saw inn101easyrecipes.com many years ago.
Delicious and my sister is obsessed with the stuff – only thing is I used a *lot* more olive oil than is mentioned in this recipe – and when sis tried to adhere to only a 3tbsp of oil, she ended up with burned garlic.
Most delicious cauliflower ever! I squeezed lemon juice and sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on it at the end.
This was delicious. Great flavors and so easy to make. In the words of my 5 year old daughter: “I just love this.” Thank you for sharing this recipe.
6 servings? Either mine was a small cauliflower, or it was simply so good that I had to stop myself from eating it all at once! When I cut it as directed, I ended up with only a few actual slices as shown in the picture, a lot of medium florets, and some crumbles which got super-brown, crisp and with the toasted/caramelized pieces of garlic made a wonderful ‘topping’ sprinkled over the larger pieces. This is a real winner, thank you!
Thanks and I will adjust the serving size down to 2-4. Brian and I eat this easily between the two of us, but I wasn’t sure others would would as much! Glad you liked it.
I love a good roasted cauliflower and this recipe looks divine!
Oh boy, this looks yummy, too!! I adore cauliflower!
I love it too. 🙂
i wish i had two califlower heads i would have made it twice good
i love the gorgeous pictures and the coriander garlic flavors in this!
I made this for lunch and it was very yummy, thank you!! I substituted pine nuts for coriander seeds but still loved it!
You are welcome! I am so glad it turned out!