Simple Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, lemon and parsley – a simple vegan side dish that is full of flavor! Vegan and gluten free!
Comfort is often found in the kitchen. With the turn of a dial, warmth and comfort can permeate our homes and hearts. I’m often surprised how dark and dreary days can be made a little brighter by simply turning the oven on and roasting something.
During the busy workweek we don’t always have the luxury or time to put a roast in the oven and let it cook for hours on end. But there are other things we can roast that can be made in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, which have the same healing, comforting effect.
Like this delicious, simple roasted cauliflower!
Roasted Cauliflower with garlic, lemon, parsley and coriander seeds – a simple vegan side dish that is full of flavor! Vegan and gluten free! The caraways seeds are optional but add amazing and unique flavor!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, whole if possible ( or use ground)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds ( or sub 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, or 2 teaspoons ground cumin)
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- zest of one lemon
- ½ -1 cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 3 T olive oil, or enough to coat
- pinch chili flakes
- Pre heat 450 F Oven.
- Trim leaves off the cauliflower, and cut into small florets.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the garlic, coriander seeds, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, chili flakes, lemon zest and olive oil. Toss to coat well.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly edges are lightly crisp and browned, tossing halfway through.
- Place in a serving dish and toss with the fresh chopped Italian parsley right before serving.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes if you like. Enjoy!
You can also cut the cauliflower into ¾ inch thick “steaks”, keeping the stem in tact, preparing the same way, spreading out on a sheet pan to bake.
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, vegan roasted cauliflower, vegan side dish, roasted cauliflower with garlic, roasted cauliflower with lemon, best roasted cauliflower recipe