This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
A truly delicious Fall Nourish Bowl with Curried cauliflower, lentils, brown rice, greens and a refreshing Carrot Slaw topped with Turmeric dressing. VEGAN & Gluten-free.
I’m pretty in love with this Fall Nourish Bowl! It’s filled with so many good things- curried roasted cauliflower, lentils, Tuscan kale, and brown rice, then topped with crunchy Carrot Slaw. So tasty!!!
A light, flavorful Turmeric Dressing is spooned over top. Soothing and nurturing, this wholesome vegan and gluten-free bowl is a kind gift to give our bodies after all the holiday feasting.
This recipe makes 2 extra hearty bowls.
At the same time cook the lentils and the rice.
I just discovered this 15-minute Organic Basmati Rice at Trader Joes, for those short on time.
Truthfully, I like it, but not quite as much as regular Brown rice…but great if you are in a hurry!
Grate carrots or purchase matchstick carrots and toss with cilantro and scallions.
Assemble the bowls and top with crunchy Carrot Slaw.
Spoon the Turmeric Vinaigrette over top.
So healthy, so flavorful, so nourishing!
Give this Nourish bowl a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
I hope you are having the BEST week.
Fall Nourish Bowl – with roasted Curried Cauliflower, Lentils and Basmati Rice and refreshing Carrot Slaw with cilantro, scallions and a Turmeric Dressing. Vegan and Gluten Free!
- 1/2 cup dry lentils ( or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice ( or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cauliflower- cut into florets
- 1/4 onion, sliced – optional
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1–2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Handful baby spinach or arugula
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne
- Garnish: Sprouts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds,
- Preheat Oven to 425F
- Cook rice and lentils according to directions, in separate pots on the stove.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets. Slice onion thinly. Place on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and curry powder. Place in the oven to roast 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Grate carrot and toss with cilantro & scallions.
- Stir dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- When lentils are done, add cumin and coriander season with salt and drizzle of olive oil. Season rice with salt and pepper.
- Assemble Bowls: Divide warm lentils, rice and cauliflower. Add spinach. Top with slaw and optional sprouts.Spoon Dressing over top. Add sprouts or seeds.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 496.5 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.4 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Nourish Bowl, cauliflower bowl, Indian bowl, vegan buddha bowl, lentil and cauliflower bowl,