Fall Nourish Bowl – with roasted Curried Cauliflower, Lentils and Basmati Rice and refreshing Carrot Slaw with cilantro, scallions and a Turmeric Dressing. Vegan and Gluten Free!
- 1/2 cup dry lentils ( or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice ( or 1 ½ cups cooked)
- 1/2 cauliflower- cut into florets
- ¼ onion, sliced – optional
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1–2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Handful baby spinach or arugula
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- pinch cayenne
- Garnish: Sprouts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds,
- Preheat Oven to 425F
- Cook rice and lentils according to directions, in separate pots on the stove.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets. Slice onion thinly. Place on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and curry powder. Place in the oven to roast 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Grate carrot and toss with cilantro & scallions.
- Stir dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- When lentils are done, add cumin and coriander season with salt and drizzle of olive oil. Season rice with salt and pepper.
- Assemble Bowls: Divide warm lentils, rice and cauliflower. Add spinach. Top with slaw and optional sprouts.Spoon Dressing over top. Add sprouts or seeds.
Keywords: Nourish Bowl, cauliflower bowl, Indian bowl, vegan buddha bowl, lentil and cauliflower bowl,