These fast, kid-friendly EASY Baked Vegetarian Tacos are for those of you who have hungry mouths to feed and need to get something on the table ASAP. Not only are they simple and quick to put together, they are really adaptable. Keep them vegetarian and affordable by using organic refried beans as the protein, or if so inclined, add left-over rotisserie chicken, or browned, seasoned ground meat. But I will say that even my meat-loving husband loves these, prefers them even, with the refried beans. And it makes it so easy! For more adult palates, drizzle hot sauce over the beans before baking and experiment with different cheeses. For example, sometimes make these with crumbled goat cheese, instead of jack or queso fresco. Play around, have fun with it. Make 2 or 12 … up to you!
If possible choose seasoned refried beans. This organic one is called “Salsa Style” and has a little flavor.
Add your choice of cheese and simply place in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
While they are warming, dice the tomatoes and avocado and chop the cilantro and scallions.
Easy Baked Vegetarian Tacos that can be made in under 30 minutes with simple ingredients. Keep them vegetarian or add chicken or ground meat!
- 1 package baked corn tortillas (organic if possible) 8-10
- 1 can seasoned refried beans- organic if possible (or sub black beans or cooked & seasoned ground meat, or cooked, shredded chicken)
- 1 cup melty cheese- mozzarella, pepper jack, cheddar, queso fresco or goat cheese
- Toppings- diced fresh tomato, scallions, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, lime
- Pre heat oven to 375F
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment.
- Arrange 8-10 taco shells in the best fitting arrangement. (You can also bake on a lined sheet pan, set on their side)
- Stir the can of beans with a spoon and spoon 2 heaping tablespoons into each shell. Top with a little hot sauce if you want.
- Top the beans with grated cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed though.
- While baking, prep the toppings- diced tomato, slice avocado, chop cilantro and scallions.
- Garnish with optional hot sauce and sour cream.
- Notes- Feel free to add cooked ground meat, shredded chicken in place of the beans, or in addition to.