Easy Baked Tacos – Vegetarian, kid-friendly and just 10 minutes of prep before going into the oven to bake. With a video!
You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.― Pema Chödrön
Save your sanity with these EASY Baked Tacos- specifically designed for those of you who have hungry mouths to feed and need to get something on the table ASAP. With only 10 minutes of prep, they are simple and quick to put together, and surprisingly delicious!
Keep them vegetarian and affordable by using organic refried beans as the protein, or if so inclined, add left-over rotisserie chicken, or browned seasoned ground meat.
But I will say that even my meat-loving husband loves these, prefers them even, with the refried beans. And it makes it so easy!
For more adult palates, drizzle hot sauce over the beans before baking and experiment with different cheeses. Play around, have fun with it. Make 2 tacos or 12 … up to you!
Easy Baked Tacos Video
How to make Baked Tacos
Using refried beans makes this extra fast and easy!
If possible choose seasoned refried beans. This organic one is called “Salsa Style” and has Savesome good flavor.
Add your choice of cheese- jack, mozzarella, cheddar, queso fresco!
Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
While the tacos are baking, prep your toppings: dice the tomatoes and avocado and chop the cilantro and scallions.
Top the baked tacos with the fresh ingredients.
And there you have it- the EASIEST TACOS ON THE PLANET!
And of course, if feeling ambitious, you can make your own refried beans! Here’s my favorite recipe for homemade refried beans!
More recipes you may enjoy!
Easy Baked Vegetarian Tacos that can be made in under 30 minutes with simple ingredients. Keep them vegetarian or add chicken or ground meat!
- 1 package baked corn tortillas (organic if possible) 8-10
- 1 can seasoned refried beans- organic if possible (or sub black beans or cooked & seasoned ground meat, or cooked, shredded chicken)
- 1 cup melty cheese- mozzarella, pepper jack, cheddar, queso fresco or goat cheese
- Toppings- diced fresh tomato, scallions, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, lime
- Pre heat oven to 375F
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment.
- Arrange 8-10 taco shells in the best fitting arrangement. (You can also bake on a lined sheet pan, set on their side)
- Stir the can of beans with a spoon and spoon 2 heaping tablespoons into each shell. Top with a little hot sauce if you want.
- Top the beans with grated cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed though.
- While baking, prep the toppings- diced tomato, slice avocado, chop cilantro and scallions.
- Garnish with optional hot sauce and sour cream.
- Notes- Feel free to add cooked ground meat, shredded chicken in place of the beans, or in addition to.