Packed with nutritious ingredients, this Chickpea Quinoa Veggie Burger is full of delicious flavor and satisfying texture. Great with a variety of toppings. Vegetarian and Gluten-free, Vegan-adaptable!
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu
I crave a good veggie burger! This is one is close to my dream burger. Full of homey savory goodness, the texture is not too mushy and not too firm. Just right!
I grew up eating a lot of veggie burgers, some that came frozen or a mix in a can. They were tasty, but the ingredient list was so loooonnngggg and some words unpronounceable.
These Chickpea Quinoa Veggie Burgers are packed with fresh, wholesome ingredients. Roasted mushrooms, carrots, and chickpeas give the veggie burger a savory flavor. Red quinoa has a chewy hearty texture that works great to give the burgers substance. Pecans add richness and depth. The veggie burgers are lightly baked and then pan-seared for a delicious crusty crunch. The flavors totally lend to a variety of toppings and sides. Our hands-down favorite accompaniment are these pickled onions! Such a perfect compliment.
Filled with so many nutritious ingredients!
Chickpea Quinoa Burger Ingredients:
- red quinoa
- mushrooms, carrots, onion and garlic
- fresh sage, oregano
- tomato paste, stoneground mustard, Worcestershire
- egg (or sub flax egg)
- salt and pepper
These Chickpea Quinoa Burgers may be just a teensy bit fussy, but I promise you they are worth it.
Steps to create delicious Chickpea Quinoa Burgers
- Cook the quinoa.
- Roast vegetables.
- Process ingredients in food processor.
- Form patties.
- Pan-sear in a skillet to serve.
Step 1: Cook the Quinoa
- In a saucepan add quinoa, garlic, sage, oregano and Braggs Liquid Aminos (soy sauce works too).
- Simmer quinoa covered for 15 minutes.
- Take off heat, but don’t lift the lid! It will continue to steam while you get the rest of the ingredients together.
Step 2: Roast the Vegetables and the Chickpeas
- Roast the onion, mushrooms, carrots and chickpeas for 20 minutes in the oven. Roasting gives flavor and dissipates the water content giving more texture to the patty.
Step 3: Process the Ingredients:
- Grind pecans in food processor to a coarse meal dump into a separate large bowl. No need to clean the processor, add the cooled roasted vegetables, tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire, egg, salt and pepper.
Pulse together enough to adhere mixture leaving small chunks of veggies is good! You want some texture.
Step 4: Mix it all together and form burgers
- Mix ground pecans with veggie mixture and quinoa. Form into 6 patties abound 4.5 ounces each.
Step 5: Bake!
- Bake 20 minutes at 400F. Baking firms up the burgers. This can all be done ahead of time, up to two days before serving.
Step 6: Pan-sear to make it crispy!
Heat the veggie burger on a pan with a little oil until golden and crisp on the outside. About 3-4 minutes on each side, then build your perfect burger!
Serve veggie burgers with:
- Quick Sourdough Buns
- Pickled Red Onions
- Chipotle Mayo
- Avocado, tomato or lettuce
- Fermented Pickles!
You may also like:
- Black Bean Burgers (in under 30 mins!)
- Spicy Miso Portobello Mushroom Burger (Vegan)
- Sprouted Lentil Burgers
- Our 20 Best Chickpea Recipes!
- Falafel Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce!
- How to Caramelize Onions