Here are our 25 BEST Salmon Recipes! Rich in Omega-3s and an excellent source of protein, salmon provides so many amazing health benefits. Salmon is versatile, cooks up quickly and makes the whole meal feel more elegant. Scroll to the bottom for Salmon Buying Guide.
25 Best Salmon Recipes
Whether you are looking for baked salmon recipes, grilled salmon recipes, pan-seared salmon, or smoked salmon recipes, we’ve got you covered. 🎉
We’ve included a great selection of summery salmon salads, sheet-pan salmon recipes, elegant salmon dinners (perfect for entertaining), quick and easy salmon recipes, and a couple of unique salmon recipes you won’t find anywhere else- we know you’ll find lots of dinner inspiration here! Scroll to the bottom for our Salmon Guying Guide.
Summery Salmon Salads and Sandwiches
Grilled Salmon Salad with Avocado-Cucumber Salsa and over a bed of Little gems, with a Creamy Cilantro Dressing. A perfect light dinner entree!
Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Fennel Salad with butter lettuce and creamy Dill Dressing. Fast and easy, this hearty entree salad makes for the best delicious lunch or dinner main.
This Grilled Salmon Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is perfect for summer barbecues and outdoor gatherings. Chock full of fresh organic produce, not only is this entree salad healthy and easy to make, it’s bursting with delicious summertime flavor! Keto and Low-carb.
One of our favorite salmon recipes is this incredibly delicious Blackened Salmon Sandwich! A succulent crispy crusted, cajun spiced salmon fillet tucked into a toasted bun with fresh greens, cucumber, red onion, drizzled with creamy Dilly Ranch Dressing.
Baked Salmon Recipes (Sheet-pan dinners!)
Szechuan Salmon with Scallion Green Beans baked in the oven can be made in just 30 minutes. One of our most flavorful baked salmon recipes- perfect for a deliciously healthy weeknight dinner!
Here’s the easiest recipe for Baked Miso Salmon – a fast and healthy salmon recipe that can be paired with seasonal veggies- for a weeknight dinner that can be made in under 25 minutes. One of our favorites!
Citrus Baked Salmon with roasted fingerlings and kumquats in a flavorful citrus marinade. With only 15 minutes of hands-on time, this simple easy salmon dinner recipe is perfect for busy weeknights!
One of our favorite baked salmon recipes, this Sheet-Pan Teriyaki Salmon with Baby Bok Choy, is a delicious healthy dinner that can be made in 25 minutes.
One of our favorite salmon recipes, Roasted Salmon with Asparagus and Dill Sauce, a simple sheet-pan dinner that comes together in 30 minutes.
Simple Baked Salmon with maple-glazed rhubarb and wilted chard, a healthy, delicious 25-minute salmon recipe!
Fun & Elegant Salmon Dinners (perfect for entertaining!)
The BEST Salmon Chowder recipe using fresh salmon, can be made in about 30 minutes on the stovetop. Fennel bulb gives this a lovely flavor, while a little smoked paprika adds a subtle smokiness without adding bacon. Low carb, Keto, and dairy-free adaptable, it’s a simple, delicious meal that is perfect for entertaining.
Tea-smoked Five Spice Salmon sounds complicated and fancy but honestly couldn’t be more simple! The flavors will delight you and all you need is a wok! Easy step-by-step recipe for an elegant meal. You can totally do this!
This delicious salmon recipe features Baked Salmon with Lemon and Thyme served over a bed of Braised French Green Lentils. An amazing, simple and healthy dinner recipe! Perfect for weeknights or entertaining.
This elegant dish and be made with Steelhead or Salmon- its top with sauteed mushrooms, over a bed Truffled Spring Pea Sauce with baby potatoes. If you ask me, it is heavenly. It is not a hard recipe, and you’ll feel very pleased with yourself after making this, I promise.
Roasted Pomegranate Salmon with braised fennel – a delicious and festive dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes.
Chia Crusted Salmon, served over cool crunchy fennel slaw, topped with quick pickled onions. A simple, elegant dinner that is quick and healthy.
An amazing favorite salmon recipe is Furikake Salmon Bowls! Seared Salmon with Sesame oil pared with veggies, avocado and rice is a fast and easy weeknight dinner that healthy and delicious.
Perfect for entertaining, these Salmon Hand Rolls (aka Temaki) with smoked salmon, avocado, cucumber, shiitakes and daikon sprouts are easy and fun to make! Your guests will love them, ( for an interactive dinner, have them roll their own!) and even your kids! Healthy light, and tasty, these make for the perfect summer meal.
WOW your guests with your own homemade Lox! It is easier than you think and can be used on bruschetta, charcuterie boards, bagels, sushi or salads!
Quick and Easy Salmon Dinners!
Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes- a simple pantry recipe that can be whipped up in 20 minutes, perfect for midweek meals! The recipe features 3 different variations – Asian Salmon Cakes, Mediterranean Salmon Cakes and Nordic-style Salmon Cakes!
This Spicy Miso Ramen Recipe is topped with the most flavorful Chili Roasted Salmon and swimming with baby bok choy and shiitake mushrooms in the most flavorful ramen broth! Use ramen noodles, or rice noodles. A delicious weeknight dinner!
Simple and easy, this Mustard Baked Salmon recipe requires only three ingredients! Easy, fast and full of flavor! The perfect weeknight meal!
A healthy, delicious salmon recipe for Moroccan Salmon, paired with a Quinoa salad with orange, mint, almonds and olives. Simple, fast and easy.
Grilled Salmon Recipes!
One of our best salmon recipes, these Grilled Salmon Tzatziki Bowls are full of flavor and loaded up with healthy veggies!
We saved the BEST for last. This Grilled Salmon with Pickled Huckleberries is hands-down my personal favorite. I know it sounds a bit strange- but when we used to cater huge events, it was the most requested recipe from our guests. Light and delicious and full of flavor, huckleberries are just slightly pickled giving the salmon a surprisingly wonderful brightness. No huckleberries? Try this with fresh blueberries!
What type of Salmon to Buy?
Some of you may be wondering which salmon you should buy. Here are some general guidelines to help you make an informed decision.
- Pacific Wild Salmon- Pacific salmon are found in the Pacific ocean and there are 5 main varieties: King Salmon, Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pink Salmon, and Chum. Pacific Salmon is mostly caught in the wild, either in the ocean or in freshwater rivers, although there are a few farmed salmon enterprises.
- Atlantic Salmon- Atlantic Salmon, originally from the Atlantic ocean, is now endangered in the wild, so all Atlantic Salmon are now farmed. Farmed Salmon that is not sustainably raised (raised in high-density net pens) can have damaging effects on nearby coastlines and waterways, and the salmon itself is often treated with antibiotics, pesticides, and dyes.
- Sustainably-Farmed Atlantic Salmon are raised in closed tank aquaculture or in low-density net pens- which do less damage to the environment and create healthier fish. There are several sustainably-farmed Atlantic salmon varieties available. Skuna, out of Vancouver Island offers up sustainably farmed salmon as well as Nordic Blu Salmon, which you can often find at Whole foods.
- Salmon substitutes: Other fish like Arctic Char, Ocean Trout and Steelhead are close substitutes to salmon if salmon is not an option.
- TIP: If new to cooking salmon- fattier, oilier salmon like king salmon or Atlantic salmon is much more forgiving, as it is harder to overcook it and dry it out. If suing salmon for sushi, look for “sushi-grade” salmon.
- Frozen Salmon: If buying frozen salmon, opt for those that are flash-frozen and vacuum-sealed.
- Smell: Whichever salmon you choose, it should smell clean and fresh like the ocean. If it smells “fishy”, I would reconsider. 😉
- Sustainability – learn more here: Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program.
More Recipe Collections you may like:
- 20 Simple Healthy Fish Recipes!
- 50 Grilling Recipes for Summer
- 20 Best Asparagus Recipes
- 30 Vibrant Healthy Spring Recipes!
- Cooling Recipes for Hot Summer Days