This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Mediterranean Grilled Salmon and grilled summer veggies over quinoa, and fresh greens, topped with a dollop of creamy Tzatziki Sauce.
Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.
If you’re a fan of wild salmon, here’s a dinner idea that I think you will love- Mediterranean Grilled Salmon. This Greek-inspired meal is loaded up with healthy veggies then topped with a cool creamy tzatziki sauce. Serve in a bowl over quinoa and greens…. healthy and divine!
Oh, and did I mention, fast? And to make this even more simple, you could purchase store-bought tzatziki- and save a step. I won’t judge! Trader Joe’s has one that is pretty good!
If you are game, this homemade Tzatziki sauce only takes about 15 minutes to make and you can do this while the fish is grilling. But of course, store-bought Tzatziki is fine in a pinch!
Quinoa is a fast grain to cook, so that goes on the stove as well while the grill heats up. Once the grill is hot, it really only takes a few minutes. And there’s very little cleanup… no sheet-pan to wash, no skillet to scrub, no baking dish to soak- saving much time after dinner I’m finding. Plus, it’s glorious being outside right now. So dust off the grill and get it ready for summer!
Make the Tzatziki Sauce!
- Thinly slice or grate the cucumber.
- Chop up the fresh dill.
- Combine and season!
- Save the leftover tzatziki sauce for the week – I know you’ll find a hundred uses.
Grill the Salmon and veggies:
- Preheat your grill.
- Brush the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice a lemon in half.
- Slice a tomato in half.
- Slice eggplant or zucchini and brush with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place all on the grill, open sides of the tomatoes and lemon, faced down.
- Flip the eggplant if using.
- Once the grilling is done, assemble the Grilled Salmon Tzatziki Bowls.
- If using quinoa, place it on the bottom. Of course, you can always leave off the grains and load up on greens and veggies.
- Top with Baby kale, arugula, little gems, spinach, mesclun or even romaine will work. Give a little drizzle of olive oil and lemon.
- Top with the salmon and grilled tomato and eggplant.
- Squeeze with the grilled lemon.
- Top with Tzatziki!
For grilled veggies try- eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, onions, peppers or even asparagus.
For fresh veggies- the sky is the limit – cucumber, tomato, radish, cabbage, grated carrots or beets or sprouts.
Scatter with fresh herbs.
How delicious does this look? Trust me, it tastes good too. 🙂
Happy grilling friends!
More Salmon recipes you may enjoy
- Greek Salmon Bowls
- Grilled Salmon Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Blackened Salmon Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Fennel Salad
- Simple Salmon Chowder
- Furikake Salmon
- Grilled Salmon Salad with Avocado and Cucumber Salsa
Mediterranean Grilled Salmon with grilled veggies over a bed of quinoa, fresh greens, and topped with a dollop creamy Tzatziki Sauce. A healthy flavorful Mediterranean-inspired dinner, perfect for summer!
- 8–12 ounces salmon (serves 2)
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper
- one lemon- sliced in half
- one large tomato sliced in half
- one small eggplant, sliced (or sub zucchini)
Make this Tzatziki Sauce Recipe! (or use store-bought)
- Preheat heat grill to medium-high.
- Set the quinoa or rice to cook on the stove, according to directions. (Quinoa only takes roughly 20-30 minutes)
- Brush salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Brush the eggplant or zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the optional Tzatziki Sauce, or use store-bought.
- Place salmon on a well-greased grill, along with the lemon (open side down), the tomato (open side down) and the sliced eggplant. Grill salmon on both sides for 3-4 minutes, shorter or longer depending on the thickness of the cut. Grill the lemon and tomato until deep grill marks appear, and flip the eggplant, grilling till tender and translucent. (You will use the grilled lemon to squeeze over the salmon before serving.)
- When veggies and salmon are done, assemble the 2 bowls.
- Divide quinoa among two bowls. Top with a handful of greens. Add any fresh veggies you like and drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a squeeze of the grilled lemon. Arrange the grilled vegetables and salmon over top. Squeeze more of the grilled lemon over the whole bowl. Spoon a few generous spoonfuls of tzatziki sauce over top of the salmon. Scatter with fresh dill or other herbs.
- Pour yourself a glass of white wine. Enjoy!
Feel free to substitute grilled chicken or tofu for the salmon, adjusting grilling times. Leave the grains off if going grain-free and add more grilled veggies.
Try grilling half lemons, using them to garnish the finished dish.
You can also bake the salmon 350 or 375 F 10-15 minutes depending on thickness and desired done-nesss.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Fat: 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 29.6 g
- Cholesterol: 64.3 mg
Keywords: Mediterranean Salmon Bowls, Mediterranean grilled salmon, Grilled Salmon with tzatziki, Grilled Salmon Tzatziki Bowl, Grilled salmon recipes, Grilled Salmon Greek, Greek salmon bowl, Greek salmon