Grilled Salmon with Tzatziki and grilled lemon! A fast and delicious weeknight meal loaded up with healthy veggies over a bed of optional Everyday Quinoa, fresh greens, and topped with creamy Tzatziki Sauce. A healthy flavorful Greek-inspired dinner, perfect for summer!
Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.
If you’re a fan of wild salmon, here’s a dinner idea that I think you will love- Grilled Salmon with Tzatziki! This Greek-inspired meal is loaded up with healthy veggies then topped with a cool creamy tzatziki sauce. Serve in a bowl over quinoa and greens…. healthy and divine!
Oh, and did I mention, fast? And to make this even more simple, you could purchase store-bought tzatziki- and save a step. I won’t judge! Trader Joe’s has one that is pretty good!
If you are game, this homemade Tzatziki sauce only takes about 15 minutes to make and you can do this while the fish is grilling. But of course, store-bought Tzatziki is fine in a pinch!
Quinoa is a fast grain to cook, so that goes on the stove as well while the grill heats up. Once the grill is hot, it really only takes a few minutes. And there’s very little cleanup… no sheet-pan to wash, no skillet to scrub, no baking dish to soak- saving much time after dinner I’m finding. Plus, it’s glorious being outside right now. So dust off the grill and get it ready for summer!
Make the Tzatziki Sauce!
- Thinly slice or grate the cucumber.
- Chop up the fresh dill.
- Combine and season!
- Save the leftover tzatziki sauce for the week – I know you’ll find a hundred uses.
Grill the Salmon and veggies:
- Preheat your grill.
- Brush the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice a lemon in half.
- Slice a tomato in half.
- Slice eggplant or zucchini and brush with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place all on the grill, open sides of the tomatoes and lemon, faced down.
- Flip the eggplant if using.
- Once the grilling is done, assemble the Grilled Salmon Tzatziki Bowls.
- If using quinoa, place it on the bottom. Of course, you can always leave off the grains and load up on greens and veggies.
- Top with Baby kale, arugula, little gems, spinach, mesclun or even romaine will work. Give a little drizzle of olive oil and lemon.
- Top with the salmon and grilled tomato and eggplant.
- Squeeze with the grilled lemon.
- Top with Tzatziki!
For grilled veggies try- eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, onions, peppers or even asparagus.
For fresh veggies- the sky is the limit – cucumber, tomato, radish, cabbage, grated carrots or beets or sprouts.
Scatter with fresh herbs.
How delicious does this look? Trust me, it tastes good too. 🙂
Happy grilling friends!
More Salmon recipes you may enjoy
- Grilled Salmon Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Blackened Salmon Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Fennel Salad
- Simple Salmon Chowder
- Furikake Salmon
- Grilled Salmon Salad with Avocado Cucumber Salsa