Mexican Grilled Salmon with Avocado Cucumber Salsa served over greens with creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing …can be made in 20 minutes. A delicious, healthy low-carb meal.
Here’s a simple fast recipe for Grilled Salmon topped with Avocado Cucumber Salsa over a salad of Little Gem Lettuces ( or romaine), dressed with a ,creamy, tangy cilantro yogurt lime dressing.
This grilled summer salad can be made in 20 minutes flat. Salmon fillets are rubbed with chili powder and cumin, then seared to perfection on a hot grill. They are placed over little gems ( or baby romaine) tossed in a zesty, creamy yogurt based cilantro lime dressing, then topped with a cool avocado cucumber salsa. Easy, healthy and tasty…and can be made quickly! A perfect weeknight meal.
During the summer months I opt for lighter meals that can be prepared outside, very simply and quickly on the grill, allowing time to relax and enjoy the glorious weather and light, while sipping on a glass of vino. To me, that’s heaven- the perfect way to unwind after work. Being outside and enjoying nature, even if it’s just in the backyard for a little while, can be medicine for the soul, so restorative.
- 4 x 6 oz salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 avocado ( slightly firm) diced
- 1 Cup diced cucumber
- ½ jalapenpo
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice from one small lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 T olive oil
- ⅛ C chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 heads little gems lettuce ( or baby romaine) — 1 per person
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl, make the rub -mix salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub all sides of salmon with the spice rub.
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make the salsa. Mix all ingredients except avocado in a medium bowl. Gently fold in avocado last so it stays in tact, and don’t over mix, you don’t want it mushy.
- Quarter lettuce vertically. Set aside.
- Grill salmon over medium high heat on a greased grill, a few minutes on each side until desired doneness….preferable medium or medium rare.
- To assemble: Toss lettuce gentle with a little dressing, just enough to coat. Lay on a plate, creating a bed for the salmon. Place salmon over top, then spoon avacado salsa over top. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.