Mexican Grilled Salmon with Avocado Cucumber Salsa served over little gems with creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing … can be made in 30 minutes. A delicious, healthy low-carb meal.
Here’s a simple delicious recipe for Grilled Salmon topped with Avocado Cucumber Salsa over a salad of Little Gem Lettuces (or romaine), dressed with a , creamy, tangy cilantro yogurt lime dressing.
This grilled salmon salad can be made in 30 minutes flat! Salmon fillets are rubbed with chili powder and cumin, then seared to perfection on a hot grill. They are placed over little gems (or baby romaine) tossed in a zesty, creamy yogurt-based cilantro lime dressing, then topped with a cool avocado cucumber salsa. Easy, healthy and tasty…and can be made quickly! A perfect weeknight meal.
During the summer months, I opt for lighter meals that can be prepared outside, very simply and quickly on the grill, allowing time to relax and enjoy the glorious weather and light, while sipping on a glass of vino. To me, that’s heaven- the perfect way to unwind after work. Being outside and enjoying nature, even if it’s just in the backyard for a little while, can be medicine for the soul, so restorative.
Make the Grilled Salmon:
- make the simple spice rub and coat all sides of the salmon
- grill over medium heat on a greased grill (you can also pan-sear or use a grill pan)
Make the Avocado-Cucumber Salsa
Make the Creamy Yogurt Dressing:
Simply whisk the tangy dressing up in a bowl. Toss the dressing with greens. Little gems or baby romaine work great here- crisp enough to hold up to the warm salad!
Assemble the Salmon Salad
Make a bed for the salmon to sit on. Place the warm grilled salmon over top, then spoon with some of the avocado salsa.
Voila! Dinner is ready. So delicious, light, but satisfying!
Grilled Salmon Salad- a delicious and satisfying summer meal!
Let us know what you think in the comments below!
You may also like:
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Fennel Salad
- Nicoise Salad with Grilled Fish!
- Grilled Salmon Tzatziki Bowls
- Simple Moroccan Salmon
- 20 Simple Healthy Fish & Seafood Recipes
Mexican Spiced Salmon:
- 4 x 6 oz salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- Lime for garnish
- 1 avocado (ripe, but slightly firm) diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ½ jalapeno, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 2–3 teaspoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
Creamy yogurt dressing:
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice from one small lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
3-4 heads little gems lettuce ( or baby romaine) 1 per person
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, make the spice rub -mix salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub all sides of salmon with the spice rub.
- Make the salsa. Mix all ingredients except avocado in a medium bowl. Gently fold in avocado last so it stays in tact, and don’t over mix, you don’t want it mushy.
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Quarter lettuce vertically. Set aside.
- Grill salmon over medium heat on a well-greased grill, a few minutes on each side until desired doneness….preferable medium or medium rare. A thin metal spatula is best here to turn. Squeeze with a little lime juice.
- Assemble: Toss lettuce gently with a little dressing, just enough to coat. Lay on a plate, creating a bed for the salmon. Place salmon over top, then spoon the avacado salsa over top. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
Keywords: grilled salmon, grilled salmon with avocado salsa, avocado salsa, Mexican grilled salmon, salmon salad