Mexican Grilled Salmon with Avocado Cucumber Salsa served over greens with creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing …can be made in 20 minutes. A delicious, healthy low-carb meal.
Here’s a simple fast recipe for Grilled Salmon topped with Avocado Cucumber Salsa over a salad of Little Gem Lettuces ( or romaine), dressed with a ,creamy, tangy cilantro yogurt lime dressing.
This grilled summer salad can be made in 20 minutes flat. Salmon fillets are rubbed with chili powder and cumin, then seared to perfection on a hot grill. They are placed over little gems ( or baby romaine) tossed in a zesty, creamy yogurt based cilantro lime dressing, then topped with a cool avocado cucumber salsa. Easy, healthy and tasty…and can be made quickly! A perfect weeknight meal.
During the summer months I opt for lighter meals that can be prepared outside, very simply and quickly on the grill, allowing time to relax and enjoy the glorious weather and light, while sipping on a glass of vino. To me, that’s heaven- the perfect way to unwind after work. Being outside and enjoying nature, even if it’s just in the backyard for a little while, can be medicine for the soul, so restorative.
Grilled Salmon Salad with Avocado Cucumber Salsa
An easy Summer salad, with grilled salmon, avocado cucumber salsa over little gems lettuce with a creamy cilantro lime dressing….inspired by http://www.thecookierookie.com/salmon-with-avocado/
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree Salad
- Cuisine: Northwest
- 4 x 6 oz salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 avocado ( slightly firm) diced
- 1 Cup diced cucumber
- ½ jalapenpo
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice from one small lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 T olive oil
- ⅛ C chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 heads little gems lettuce ( or baby romaine) — 1 per person
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl, make the rub -mix salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub all sides of salmon with the spice rub.
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make the salsa. Mix all ingredients except avocado in a medium bowl. Gently fold in avocado last so it stays in tact, and don’t over mix, you don’t want it mushy.
- Quarter lettuce vertically. Set aside.
- Grill salmon over medium high heat on a greased grill, a few minutes on each side until desired doneness….preferable medium or medium rare.
- To assemble: Toss lettuce gentle with a little dressing, just enough to coat. Lay on a plate, creating a bed for the salmon. Place salmon over top, then spoon avacado salsa over top. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.