Here’s a simple recipe for Furikake Salmon with shiitake mushrooms, avocado and scallions. Serve this over rice or keep it low carb and serve over a bed of sauteed cabbage and skip the rice. For even more flavor, use Smoked Mushrooms! A fast and easy dinner recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes!
Now every time I witness a strong person, I want to know: What dark did you conquer in your story? Mountains do not rise without earthquakes.―
These Furikake Salmon Bowls were dinner tonight- fast and easy to put together and full of great flavor! Furikake, if unfamiliar is a Japanese seasoning that can be purchased at most grocery stores (it’s even a Trader Joes now!) or simply made at home with nori and toasted sesame seeds.
It does wonders for fish, veggies and rice, and that’s how we are using it here. I espeically love it on salmon and avocado, so tasty!
For the cabbage option (or use both) saute the cabbage in a little sesame oil, until lightly wilted.
Season with salt and pepper and a tiny splash of rice wine vinegar. Add some scallions.
Then simply assemble the bowls.
Here I’ve added avocado, but feel free to add other cooked veggies.
Spoon the flavorful pan sauce over top and sprinkle the salmon generously with Furikake!
Hope you enjoy these fast and healthy Furikake Salmon Bowls! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
RELATED: Healthy Vegan Bowls!Print
Furikake Salmon Bowls
Here’s a fast & healthy weeknight Dinner! Furikake Salmon Bowls- these delicious bowls are made with seared sesame salmon, shiitake mushrooms, avocado and cabbage. Make this in 30 minutes! Serves 2.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Healthy Bowl, Fish, Keto
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1–2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 8–10 ounces salmon (2 thick pieces)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed, sliced ( or use Smoked Mushrooms!)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce ( or GF BRAGGS)
- 3 tablespoons Mirin (see notes for substitute)
- 1 tablespoon Furikake
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked rice, black rice, quinoa or other grain (optional, or sub more veggies)
- 2 extra large handfuls of shredded cabbage (etiher fresh or sauteed- see notes)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Feel free to add addional roasted veggies or steamed veggies
Garnish: scallions, furikake, cucumber, chili flakes
- Set rice or grain to cook, if using.
- Make Sauce: Mix soy sauce and mirin in a small bowl.
- If sauteeing the shredded cabbage, see notes and do this now, and set aside.
- Cook Salmon:Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the oil with a pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes and swirl. Add the salmon and mushrooms, and sear all sides, until golden. Turn heat off, letting pan cool slightly (otherwise sauce may burn). Spoon sauce overtop of the salmon and mushrooms, swirling the skillet. Set aside.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide rice or grains between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with furikake. Arrange cabbage, avocado wedges and any other veggies in the bowl. Top with seared salmon and mushrooms, and sprinkle it with Furikake spooning the remaining sauce over the avocado and cabbage.
- Serve immediatly.
Sauteed Cabbage: Sometimes, instead of rice or grain, we’ll serve this Furikake Salmon over a bed of sauteed cabbage. Heat 1 tablespoon seasame oil in a skillet. Add 1/4 cup thinnly sliced onion or shallot and saute over medium heat until fragrant. Add the shredded cabbage, season with salt and pepper and saute until just wilted. Add a tiny splash of soy sauce and rice vinegar, stir to coat, and set aside.
Keywords: Furikake salmon, salmon bowl, healthy salmon recipes, sesame salmon, pan-seared salmon,