This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
These Japanese-inspired Salmon Rice Bowls with shiitake mushrooms, sauteed cabbage, avocado and scallions are healthy & tasty! Nestle this over rice or keep it low carb and serve over a bed of sauteed cabbage and skip the rice. A fast, easy dinner in under 30 minutes! With a video!
Now every time I witness a strong person, I want to know: What dark did you conquer in your story? Mountains do not rise without earthquakes.―
These Furikake Salmon Bowls are fast and easy to put together and full of great flavor! Furikake, if unfamiliar is a Japanese seasoning that can be purchased at most grocery stores (it’s even at Trader Joe’s now!) or simply made at home with nori and toasted sesame seeds.
It does wonders for fish, veggies and rice, and that’s how we are using it here. I especially love it on salmon and avocado, so tasty!
Salmon Bowl | 60-sec video!
Salmon bowl Ingredients
- shredded cabbage
- wild salmon (2 thick pieces)
- Shitake mushrooms ( and/ or other veggies!
- rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice
- avocado and/or cucumber
- Furikake Seasoning ( or sub-toasted sesame seeds)
How to make A Salmon BOwl
Cook rice, quinoa, or sauteed cabbage (a great keto option) for the base of the bowl. I like using both rice and cabbage.
For the cabbage option saute the cabbage in a little sesame oil, until lightly wilted.
Then simply assemble the bowls. Place pan-seared salmon and shiitakes over your base, then add avocado slices.
Spoon the flavorful pan sauce over the top and sprinkle the salmon generously with Furikake!
Hope you enjoy this fast and flavorful Furikake Salmon Bowl! Let us know what you think in the comments below.
You may also enjoy:
- Furikake Seasoning Recipe
- Seasoned Japanese Rice with Furikake
- Farmers Market Fried Rice
- Brussel Sprout Hash with Shrimp and Furikake
- Simple Salmon Cakes
- Blackened Salmon Sandwich
- Baked Miso Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon with Baby Bok Choy
- Healthy Vegan Bowls!
- 20 Simple Healthy Fish and Seafood Recipes
Here’s a fast & healthy weeknight Dinner! Salmon Bowls- these delicious bowls are made with seared sesame salmon with Furikake Seasoning, shiitake mushrooms, avocado and cabbage. Make this in 30 minutes! Serves 2.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or GF BRAGGS)
- 3 tablespoons Mirin (see notes for substitute)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- one shallot, finely sliced
- 2–3 extra-large handfuls of shredded cabbage
- Pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 8–10 ounces salmon (2 thick pieces)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed, sliced (or use Smoked Mushrooms!)
Optional Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked Japanese rice, black rice, quinoa or other grain (optional, or sub more veggies)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Feel free to add additional roasted veggies or steamed veggies
Garnish: scallions, furikake, cucumber, chili flakes
- Set rice or grain to cook, if using.
- Make the Sauce: Mix soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Saute Cabbage: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add shallot and saute over medium heat until fragrant. Add the shredded cabbage, season with salt and pepper and saute until just wilted. Set aside in a bowl and drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of the Soy-Mirin–Sesame Oil Sauce.
- Sear the Salmon: Wipe out the pan and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the oil with a generous pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes and swirl. Add the salmon and mushrooms, and sear both sides, until golden. Turn heat off, letting the pan cool slightly (otherwise sauce may burn). Spoon sauce over top of the salmon and mushrooms, swirling the skillet.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide rice or grains between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with furikake. Arrange sauteed cabbage, avocado wedges and any other veggies in the bowl. Top with seared salmon and mushrooms, and sprinkle it with Furikake spooning the remaining sauce over the avocado and other veggies.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: with 1 cup rice
- Calories: 636
- Sugar: 16.6 g
- Sodium: 914.9 mg
- Fat: 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.3 g
- Fiber: 13.4 g
- Protein: 34.6 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: Salmon bowl, best salmon bowl, salmon bowl recipe, Furikake salmon, Furikake salmon recipe, Japanese salmon , healthy salmon recipes, sesame salmon, pan-seared salmon,