Here’s a fast & healthy weeknight Dinner! Furikake Salmon Bowls- these delicious bowls are made with seared sesame salmon, shiitake mushrooms, avocado and cabbage. Make this in 30 minutes! Serves 2.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or GF BRAGGS)
- 3 tablespoons Mirin (see notes for substitute)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- one shallot, finely sliced
- 2–3 extra-large handfuls of shredded cabbage
- Pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 8–10 ounces salmon (2 thick pieces)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed, sliced (or use Smoked Mushrooms!)
Optional Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked Japanese rice, black rice, quinoa or other grain (optional, or sub more veggies)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Feel free to add additional roasted veggies or steamed veggies
Garnish: scallions, furikake, cucumber, chili flakes
- Set rice or grain to cook, if using.
- Make the Sauce: Mix soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Saute Cabbage: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add shallot and saute over medium heat until fragrant. Add the shredded cabbage, season with salt and pepper and saute until just wilted. Set aside in a bowl and drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of the Soy-Mirin–Sesame Oil Sauce.
- Sear the Salmon: Wipe out the pan and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the oil with a generous pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes and swirl. Add the salmon and mushrooms, and sear both sides, until golden. Turn heat off, letting the pan cool slightly (otherwise sauce may burn). Spoon sauce over top of the salmon and mushrooms, swirling the skillet.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide rice or grains between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with furikake. Arrange sauteed cabbage, avocado wedges and any other veggies in the bowl. Top with seared salmon and mushrooms, and sprinkle it with Furikake spooning the remaining sauce over the avocado and other veggies.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Furikake salmon, Furikake salmon recipe, Japanese salmon , healthy salmon recipes, sesame salmon, pan-seared salmon,