This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
How to make crispy Roasted Broccoli – perfect as a simple side dish or use to enhance other dishes. Baking in a hot oven yields tender-crisp broccoli in under 30 minutes. Fast and EASY Recipe!
Here’s another foundational recipe for the newer cooks out there- Roasted Broccoli. It is as simple as it is delicious! A quick chop and drizzle of olive oil and into the oven it goes. Roasting enhances the beloved broccoli flavor with a few crisp edges and a perfectly tender texture.
Serve it as a simple side dish hot out of the oven with a squeeze of lemon. Or try adding different sauces like this Vegan Hollandaise (scroll down for more fun ideas!). Or use this roasted broccoli recipe as a healthy addition to buddha bowls, pasta dishes, and salads. We love it in this Roasted Broccoli Salad!
We are sure you will find many inspired ways to use it!
Roasted Broccoli Ingredients
Roasted broccoli requires only 3 ingredients; broccoli, olive oil and salt!
How to Make Roasted Broccoli
Preheat oven 450F
Step One: Cut the broccoli into 1-2 inch pieces. Cutting bigger than bite-size helps them get a good sear without overcooking. Cut the stem into 2 inch lengths about 1/2 inch thick.
Step Two: Place the cut broccoli in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt.
Toss the broccoli florets and stems with olive oil.
Tip: Rubbing the oil into the broccoli with your hands will coat it more thoroughly and help it achieve crispy edges.
Step Three: Lay out the broccoli in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step Four: Bake at 450F for 15-20 minutes.
Once you have your Crispy Roasted Broccoli- think of the many things you will be able to do with it! Doctor it up with flavorful sauces and spice mixes to create the perfect side dish to pair with what you are serving.
Get creative with Sauces and Spices!
- Roasted Broccoli + Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
- Roasted Broccoli + Green Tahini Sauce + Dukkah
- Roasted Broccoli + Peanut Sauce + Peanut Chili Crunch
- Roasted Broccoli + Teriyaki Sauce + Furikake
- Roasted Broccoli + Lemony Leek Dressing + Za’atar Spice
Ways to use Roasted Broccoli!
- Roasted Broccoli Salad
- Buddha Bowls: Serve over rice, quinoa or other grain for an easy satisfying bowl!
- Simple Proteins: Crispy Tofu, Baked Tofu, Simple Baked Chicken, Baked Cod, Teryaki Chicken,
- Pasta or Rice: like this Vegan Alfredo or this Greek Pasta Salad
- Add to Salads!
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
- Roasted Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Red Kuri Squash
- Roasted Cauliflower with Romesco Sauce
- Roasted Garlic
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Artichokes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: vegetable
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This Easy Roasted Broccoli Recipe is perfect as a simple side dish or use to enhance other dishes. Baking in a hot oven yields tender-crisp broccoli all in under 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Trim off the end of the stem and peel the broccoli stem if needed. (If broccoli is freshly picked, it will probably not need peeling). Cut into bite-sized pieces. This size allows the broccoli to get a good sear without overcooking. Cut the stem into 2-inch lengths about 1/2 inch thick. Place cut broccoli in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper into the broccoli, lightly massaging in with your hands.
- Arrange broccoli in a single layer, on a sheet pan covered with parchment (optional, but makes for easy clean up).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The broccoli with continue to cook on the sheet pan, when you bring it out of the oven. Move immediately to a serving dish to keep it tender crisp.
- Serve warm as it or with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Check out additional serving suggestions in the notes.
If you prefer your broccoli cooked softer then al dente, set the oven at 425F and bake for 20-25 min.
Roasted Broccoli + Green Tahini Sauce + Dukkah
Roasted Broccoli + Peanut Sauce + Peanut Chili Crunch
Roasted Broccoli + Teriyaki Sauce + Furikake
Roasted Broccoli +Lemony Leek Dressing + Za’atar
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 7.5 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted broccoli, how to roast broccoli, baked broccoli, roast broccoli,
The best way to make broccoli! We’ve been enjoying many of your recipes.
Thanks so much Sharon- welcome to the blog!
As usual your recipes are absolutely amazing.
They are so healthy and easy to follow as well as delicious.
Just about to make your healthy baked broccoli!
You are a queen!
We are so happy you are enjoying the recipes!