This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Learn the secret to creating the BEST Roasted Brussels Sprouts– tender on the inside, and crispy around the edges. An easy vegan side dish, full of toasty deep flavor, ready in 30 minutes! Video.
So easy and good! Roasted Brussels Sprouts– a veggie side dish that goes with almost anything! Delicious as they are or serve with a sauce or sprinkle of a spice blend. These are not overly glazed. The flavor is kept simple here with the goal of enhancing the taste of the Brussels sprouts, making them adaptable to go with many different foods.
These brussels sprouts are lightly seasoned with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a touch of maple syrup and a squeeze of fresh garlic. They cook up tender with toasty edges baking in a hot oven, covered for the first half to fully tenderize them, then uncovered to finish developing the toasty sear.
Best served immediately to enjoy the crisp edges. But they are also delicious when kept in the fridge and are so yummy added to salads, wraps, bowls or just eaten as a snack!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts | 60-sec video
What you’ll need
- brussels sprouts- pick brussels sprouts that are similar in size to ensure more even cooking.
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- maple syrup
- garlic cloves
- salt and black pepper
How to make Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Turn on the oven. Rinse and trim the ends. Cut in half.
Place brussels sprouts on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut side down.
Cover with foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until seared on the bottom and edges start to get toasty.
Ways to elevate
- add a pinch of truffle salt
- serve with a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle with Dukkah or Zaatar
- Drizzle with balsamic Glaze
More recipes you may enjoy
- Roasted Red Kuri Squash
- Simple Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Lemon and Parsley
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Hazelnuts
- Melting Slow-Braised Cabbage
- Simple Roasted Vegetables
- Green Beans with Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
A simple recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with garlic and balsamic- tender, caramelized and full of toasty deep flavor. An easy vegan side dish ready in 30 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Clean and trim brussels sprouts and cut in half (or quarter if super big) and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, balsamic, maple syrup, pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Place coated brussels sprouts on a parchment-lined baking sheet cut side down. Cover completely with foil. Slide into the oven. Set timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the foil and cook uncovered 10-13 more minutes until toasty and cooked through.
Choose brussels sprouts that are similar in size for even cooking.
Serve immediately for best texture.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 75.8 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Roasted Brussels sprouts, vegan roasted Brussels sprouts, easy Roasted Brussels sprouts,