Simple Authentic Zaatar Spice Recipe
An simple authentic recipe for Zaatar Spice – a flavorful Middle Eastern Spice that can be used to flavor roasted vegetables and meats.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: ½ Cup
- Category: Zaatar Recipe
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme- crushed ( or sub oregano)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin ( see note)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon or more aleppo chili flakes- optional
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
For the most flavor, toast whole seeds ( cumin and coriander seeds) until fragrant, then grind. This will make the most flavorful zaatar. If you don’t have whole seeds, feel free to use ground spices.
Keywords: zaatar, za'atar, zaatar recipe , zaatar spices, za'atar recipe, za'atar spices