A simple recipe for Grilled Zucchini with Zaatar, garlic and lemon. Serve it with tzatziki or yogurt for extra richness, Full of flavor, delicious and healthy!
Meet my absolute favorite way to cook and eat zucchini! This flavor-packed recipe for Grilled Zucchini with Zaatar, garlic, lemon and optional Tzatziki is so simple, yet so utterly delicious… I never ever tire of it!
A clear sign that summer is truly at its peak, is the overwhelming abundance of zucchini and summer squash showing up in our CSA boxes, farmers markets and gardens. The challenge is always, what to do with all of them!
A lovely addition to your Middle Eastern Spread!
How to make Grilled Zucchini with Zaatar
Step one: Slice two pounds of zucchini or summer squash into 1/3- 1/2-inch thick disks.
Tip: To make it easier to grill, cut on the diagonal…this will make the slices a little larger so they won’t fall through the grates.
Step 3: Place on a preheated grill.
Step 5: Give it a good char! Then Place on a platter and cover with foil until cooked through.
Step 6: Squeeze with lemon, a light drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of Aleppo chili flakes, a scattering of flat-leaf parsley or cilantro and serve with Tzatziki or yogurt. I like adding a few garden tomatoes for color.
I hope you enjoy the Zaatar Grilled Zucchini as much as we have! It is delcious with so many things!
What to serve with Zaatar Grilled Zucchini:
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Easy Grilled Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- Lemony Lebanese Tabouli (Tabbouleh)
- Authentic Baba Ganoush (Grilled or Baked!)
- Zaatar Meatballs with Green Tahini Sauce
- Authentic Falafel Recipe with Creamy Tahini Sauce
- 2 lbs zucchini (or summer squash)
- 1–2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Zaatar spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
Serve with tzatziki sauce or yogurt for extra richness (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice the zucchini on the diagonal, into 1/3- inch thick slices and place into a large bowl. Drizzle w/ olive oil, sprinkle w/ salt and zaatar spice, and add the finely minced garlic. Using tongs or your hands, toss to combine until each piece is well coated.
- Place zucchini on the hot grill using tongs. Close the lid and give a good sear, about 5 minutes. When there are good grill marks, turn them over, grill for 4-5 more minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover, grill until cooked through.
- When cooked to desired tenderness, place zucchini on a platter and cover with foil for 5-10 minutes, so they become even more tender.
- Serve with optional yogurt or Tzatziki, a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, optional Aleppo chili flakes, a few cherry tomatoes ( or color), a sprinkling of Italian parsley (or cilantro or microgreens).
- Serving Size: 1.25 cups- without yogurt
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 596.6 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grilled zucchini, grilled zucchini with zaatar, zaatar zucchini,