Place chicken on a hot grill, getting nice char. Once nicely charred, either turn heat down and cover, to cook through, or place into a 350 F oven until chicken is cooked through. The nice thing about thighs is it’s very hard to overcook them.
Chop the chicken up and place over a salad, or serve them whole along side rice and salad.
Grilled Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Simple delicious recipe for chicken shawarma that can be grilled or baked – full of Middle Eastern flavor. Serve over Israeli Salad.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Main,chicken, paleo
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 lbs to 2 ¼ lb chicken thighs (boneless and skinless, or skin on)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 8 cloves minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix, or pulse in a food processor to make a paste.
- Rub chicken on all sides with the marinade and let sit 20 minutes (or up to 24 hours refrigerated).
- Grill chicken on a pre-heated BBQ, on medium high heat, closing the lid to the BBQ, until all sides have nice grill marks, about 8 minutes each side. Finish chicken in a 350 F oven until cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes. ( Alternatively you can bake the chicken thighs in a 375 F oven for 30-40 minutes)
- Enjoy the chicken over Israeli salad, or with rice and veggies.
Keywords: chicken shawarma, chicken shawarma recipe, chicken shawarma calories, chicken shawarma calories, chicken shawarma marinade, grilled chicken shawarma