- 2 4-6 ounce pieces chicken – or tofu – or both! See notes.
- 6–8 ounces broccolini or broccoli rabe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- generous pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon zaatar spice blend ( or see notes)
- zest from one lemon
Skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs and legs will for sure have the best flavor, but feel free to use breast meat for lower fat and calories. When choosing tofu -use firm or extra firm tofu. ( I love Trader Joe’s organic, sprouted tofu.) Blot dry and cut into ¾-1 inch thick pieces.
If you can’t find zaatar, sub an equal blend of cumin, coriander and sesame seeds ( 1 tsp each) and a pinch of dried thyme if you have it. Sumac gives zaatar it’s tang, so if you don’t have it, a squeeze of lemon at the end of roasting will mimic this. Make sure to season chicken and tofu with salt.