Here is the Israeli Salad Recipe I was telling you about last week that pairs so well with Grilled Chicken Shawarma. The salad itself bursts with all the good flavors of summer – fresh veggies and herbs, tossed in a simple lemony dressing. On its own, it is clean, plant-based, healthy and detoxing.
Simple fresh ingredients, healthy, light….and oh so tasty! This is like summer in a bowl.
Instead of chicken, you could easily add chickpeas or Tofu Shawarma. Or just spoon it into warm, toasty pita bread (my favorite) with a smear of tahini sauce, baba ganoush or hummus for a light, healthy lunch.
How to Make Israeli Salad! | 30 Second Video
How easy is that?
How to Make the BEST Israeli Salad (a couple tips!)
- There are two things that you can do to elevate this salad and make it come alive! The first is to use really fresh ripe summer ingredients. Ripe Summer tomatoes truly make all the difference!!!
- The second is having enough patience to cut all the veggies very finely. Take your time here friends, put on a podcast or music and really just be thoughtful about it. Don’t make this when you are in hurry, you just won’t enjoy it (Cooking is so much about the process, so try to figure out how to be present and enjoy it!)
How to Dice a Tomato! (Fast and Easy!!!)
Israeli Salad Recipe
A refreshing Middle Eastern chopped salad, called Israeli Salad, that is healthy, vegan and gluten-free. Clean flavors, plant-based, detoxing, and perfect for summer! Best made when tomatoes are in season!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: salad, vegan, gluten free,
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 extra large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped (1/2 of a medium red onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh herbs (Italian parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix of all three)
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice (start with ½ a lemon, add more to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller, the better. Take your time with this and a sharp knife really makes this easier!
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Taste and adjust lemon and salt to your liking.
Keywords: IsraeIi salad, Israeli salad recipe, israeli salad, israeli cous cous salad, best israeli salad recipe