Here is the Israeli Salad Recipe I was telling you about last week that pairs so well with Grilled Chicken Shawarma. The salad itself bursts with all the good flavors of summer – fresh veggies and herbs, tossed in a simple lemony dressing. On its own, it is clean, plant-based, healthy and detoxing.
Simple fresh ingredients, healthy, light….and oh so tasty! This is like summer in a bowl.
Instead of chicken, you could easily add chickpeas or Tofu Shawarma. Or just spoon it into warm, toasty pita bread (my favorite) with a smear of tahini sauce, baba ganoush or hummus for a light, healthy lunch.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO MAKE IT!
How easy is that?
Israeli Salad Recipe
A refreshing Middle Eastern chopped salad, called Israeli Salad, that is healthy, vegan and gluten-free. Clean flavors, plant-based, detoxing, and perfect for summer! Best made when tomatoes are in season!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: salad, vegan, gluten free,
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 extra large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped (1/2 of a medium red onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh herbs (Italian parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix of all three)
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice (start with ½ a lemon, add more to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller, the better. Take your time with this and a sharp knife really makes this easier!
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Taste and adjust lemon and salt to your liking.
Keywords: IsraeIi salad, Israeli salad recipe, israeli salad, israeli cous cous salad, best israeli salad recipe