This is the refreshing and delicious Israeli Salad I was telling you about last week that pairs so well with Grilled Chicken Shawarma. The salad itself bursts with all the good flavors of summer – fresh veggies and herbs, tossed in a simple lemony dressing. Simple fresh ingredients, healthy, light….and oh so tasty! This is like summer in a bowl.
Instead of chicken, you could easily pair this with roasted chickpeas or Tofu Shawarma. Or just spoon it into warm, toasty pita bread (my favorite) with a smear of tahini sauce, baba ganoush or hummus for a light, healthy lunch.
To see how to make this check out the video;
Hope everyone is having a good week. It has been kind of crazy around here in the catering world… we are definitely in the thick of it. So many weddings! But in the midst of it, there are little moments here and there that help keep my head from spinning. I’m trying to not let myself get to the place where I feel completely overwhelmed and panicked, which is all too common when we are super busy. It mostly involves bringing myself back into the present when I start to feel stressed. I try to take 5 deep, slow breaths and take a minute to pause and simply look around me. It has been a simple calming practice, that really seems to help.
In the meantime, enjoy this refreshing Israeli Salad. Make some shawarma to go with it. Cheers!
Israeli Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: salad, vegan, gluten free,
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 extra large tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ C herbs (Italian parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix)
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice (start with ½ a lemon, more to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller, the better. Take your time with this and a sharp knife really makes this easier!
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Taste and adjust lemon and salt to your liking.
Keywords: IsraeIi salad, Israeli salad recipe, israeli salad, israeli cous cous salad, best israeli salad recipe