Israeli Salad Recipe
A refreshing chopped salad, called Israeli Salad, that is vegan and gluten free and goes perfectly with grilled chicken shawarma, or toasted pita and hummus or roasted spiced chickpeas or falafels!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: salad, vegan, gluten free,
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 extra large tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ C herbs (Italian parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix)
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice (start with ½ a lemon, more to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller, the better. Take your time with this and a sharp knife really makes this easier!
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Taste and adjust lemon and salt to your liking.
Keywords: IsraeIi salad, Israeli salad recipe, israeli salad, israeli cous cous salad, best israeli salad recipe