Here’s a simple, but VERY flavorful recipe for Cilantro Mint Chutney. It’s something that can be whipped up in a blender in just a few minutes and can be used on so many things to give your dishes a punch of flavor that will take them from ordinary to FANTASTIC! A good recipe to add to your repertoire! It’s made with fresh cilantro, mint, ginger, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice and your choice of yogurt or silken tofu for a hint of creaminess. Feel free to add freshly grated coconut and prepare to swoon.
This week we are using this Cilantro-Mint Chutney Recipe on Frankies (Indian style Burritos) – but be sure to save any extras for buddha bowls, kabobs, rice, samosas, dosa,roasted veggies or toasty naan bread. So fresh and tasty!
It literally takes 2 minutes in the blender and it is done! So easy!
Give this easy Cilantro Mint Chutney Recipe a try this week- I promise, you will looooooooove it.
Cilantro Mint Chutney Recipe
Simple, FLAVORFUL Cilantro Mint Chutney- a delicious accompaniment to Indian food- Somosas, Frankies, Dosa, Kabobs, Rice or Naan. Can be made in 5 minutes flat! Vegan adaptable
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 ½ cups
- Category: sauce
- Cuisine: Indian
- ½ cup yogurt, (or silken tofu plus 2 teaspoons olive oil – see notes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, tender stems ok
- 1 cup mint leaves, packed ( 2 x .75 ounce packages)
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sliced ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
- ½ teaspoon sugar ( or alternative like honey, palm sugar, etc)
- 1 tablespoon water, or just enough to get blender going
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and lemon.
To make this thicker, feel free to add desiccated coconut or peanuts
If using silken tofu, you will need to add more salt and lemon.