Here’s a simple, but VERY flavorful recipe for Cilantro Mint Chutney. It’s something that can be whipped up in a blender in just a few minutes and can be used on so many things to give your dishes a punch of flavor that will take them from ordinary to FANTASTIC! A good recipe to add to your repertoire! It’s made with fresh cilantro, mint, ginger, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice and your choice of yogurt or silken tofu for a hint of creaminess. Feel free to add freshly grated coconut and prepare to swoon.
This week we are using this Cilantro-Mint Chutney Recipe on Frankies (Indian style Burritos) – but be sure to save any extras for buddha bowls, kabobs, rice, samosas, dosa,roasted veggies or toasty naan bread. So fresh and tasty!
It literally takes 2 minutes in the blender and it is done! So easy!
Give this easy Cilantro Mint Chutney Recipe a try this week- I promise, you will looooooooove it.
For more tasty sauce recipes to brighten up your meals, be sure to go the sauce category!!!Print
Cilantro Mint Chutney Recipe
Simple, FLAVORFUL Cilantro Mint Chutney- a delicious accompaniment to Indian food- Somosas, Frankies, Dosa, Kabobs, Rice or Naan. Can be made in 5 minutes flat! Vegan adaptable
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 ½ cups
- Category: sauce
- Cuisine: Indian
- ½ cup yogurt, ( see notes for vegan version)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, tender stems ok
- 1 cup mint leaves, packed ( 2 x .75 ounce packages)
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sliced ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
- ½ teaspoon sugar ( or alternative like honey, palm sugar, etc)
- 1 tablespoon water, or just enough to get blender going
To make this thicker, feel free to add desiccated coconut or peanuts