Cilantro Mint Chutney Recipe
Simple, FLAVORFUL Cilantro Mint Chutney- a delicious accompaniment to Indian food- Somosas, Frankies, Dosa, Kabobs, Rice or Naan. Can be made in 5 minutes flat! Vegan adaptable. See notes!!!
- Author: Sylvia Fountaine
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 ½ cups 1x
- Category: sauce
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Indian
- ½ cup yogurt, ( see notes for vegan version)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, tender stems ok
- 1 cup mint leaves, packed ( 2 x .75 ounce packages)
- 1 medium jalapeno, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sliced ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼–1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
- ½ teaspoon sugar (or an alternative like honey, palm sugar, etc)
- optional: 1 tablespoon water, or just enough to get blender going – you may not need this
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and lemon.
To make this thicker, feel free to add desiccated coconut or peanuts.
If you would like to make this vegan – either sub coconut or soy yogurt, or silken tofu. If using silken tofu, you might want to add 1 tablespoon olive oil and for sure, more salt and lemon.
If you would like more of a traditional Indian Mint chutney, without the “creaminess” leave out the yogurt, add ¼ cup-½ cup of chopped onion and a bit of water to get the blade moving.
Keywords: mint chutney, cilantro mint chutney