A quick and easy recipe for Black Bean Burgers that can be made in under 30 minutes! Vegan and GF adaptable, perfect for weekly meal prep! Includes a video.
The shortest interval between two points is the awareness that they are not two.
You’re looking at our all-time favorite veggie burger ever… homemade Black Bean Burgers! Put them in your back pocket and whip them up in minutes using what you already have on hand. Perfect for meal prep, or grilling, these can be made ahead for the busy week.
What I love best about these homemade veggie burgers is how flavorful they are! Ground chipotle (or use chili powder) gives them so much flavor – smoky and a little spicy- along with cilantro and lime zest.
How to make Black bean Burgers|60-second video
Are black bean Burgers healthy?
Full of fiber, high in protein and low in fat, black bean burgers are indeed a healthy alternative to overly processed veggie burgers you buy at the store. That is why I always make my own! Plus they are just so easy, so why not?
Or for a lighter option, serve the black bean burgers over a bed of greens and grains (Burger in a bowl) topped with garden veggies for a lightened-up version.
Either way, you’ll like the flavor and ease of making these!
How to make Black bean Burgers
- Saute onion and garlic, add the spices and salt and pepper and toss with the black beans.
- In a large bowl, mash with a potato masher then add the cilantro and scallions and the egg (and bread crumbs) or ground flax ( for a vegan version) to the bean mixture.
- Shape into burger patties and begin cooking the burgers, until golden, about 7 minutes per side.
How to make them firm and not mushy:
Cooking the black bean burgers first, then chilling, makes them firm and grillable.
So feel free to pan-sear ahead, refrigerate, then either heat on the grill or in the oven or toaster oven for later use.
Quick and easy, these black bean burgers hold their shape without being too dry and crumbly. Such a great recipe- I think you’ll like it!
Top the veggie burgers with this fresh Mexican Slaw with Cilantro and Lime or try your hand at Curtido! The Chipotle Mayo (vegan adaptable) goes really well here too, so whip up a quick batch- you’ll find many other uses for it too!
More recipes you may like:
- Falafel Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce!
- Sprouted Lentil Burgers
- Healthy Burger Bowls
- Thai Turkey Burger Recipe w/ Asian Slaw
- Chimichurri Poblano Turkey Burger!
- Crispy BBQ Tofu Sandwich with Slaw
- Sagey Leek and White Bean Patties
Happy week friends.
PS: The quote above (byofficially blew my mind. Let it soak in. Brilliant. Especially when you consider that two points could be two individuals.
Love and hugs. xoxoxoPrint