This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This delicious Turkey Burger bursts with Thai flavors and is topped with fresh and crunchy Asian Slaw, Cucumber Ribbons & Spicy Sriracha Aioli. Light, healthy, and Delicious! Video. Serve with Sweet Potato Fries.
Infused with fresh lemongrass, ginger, lime zest, shallots and basil, these Turkey Burgers are bursting with Thai flavor. They are topped with a crunchy Asian Slaw and fresh cucumber ribbons, and the buns are slathered with a spicy aioli basically like sriracha mayo. So much deliciousness happening here!
The burgers are great on the grill or can be pan-seared on the stovetop. Easy breezy!
Thai Turkey Burger | 60-second video
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- Ground turkey- or sub ground chicken, beef or lamb, or a plant-based “meat”.
- Shallots – add the BEST flavor here. Use red onion in a pinch.
- Lemongrass -the star of the recipe, fresh is best but dried will work in a pinch!
- Ginger- use fresh grated ginger root!
- Garlic- and pungent flavor.
- Lime zest- add lime flavor with out liquid.
- Cilantro or Thai basil.
What I love about these Turkey burgers are how they are loaded up with fresh healthy crunchy veggies!
Turkey Burger Components!
- Turkey burger
- Asian Slaw
- Cucumber ribbons
- Sriracha Aioli
- Buns! Or serve over dressed greens, or in a lettuce wrap!
The cucumber ribbons and Crunchy Asian slaw add refreshing texture and flavor.
Low-carb Burger options!
- Serve in lettuce wraps and go totally bread-free.
- Serve the burger over the Asian slaw, as a main course salad.
- Create Burger Bowls!
- Add pickled onions, microgreens, or avocado.
- If you are feeling crafty, these quick sourdough buns are amazing!
On the homefront: Earlier this spring, I hosted a birthday gathering at my house for a couple of friends. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before – I’ve been meeting with a group of women friends every Thursday night for the past 20+ years. It has been a godsend and truly one of the best things in my life.
The group shifts, a few have come and gone through the years, and not everyone is present every single Thursday night, but for the most part, we gather as best we can, to eat, drink and commune. Together we ride the waves of our lives, supported, held up, loved.
Birthdays are extra special. We make a big deal of them, celebrating and honoring each other, and taking the pressure off our spouses to do this for us. So it was at one of these birthday celebrations that these Thai Turkey Burgers came to be.
What to serve with Turkey Burgers
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Thai Noodle Salad with the BEST EVER Peanut Sauce
- Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad with Chili Vinaigrette
- Grilled Bok Choy with Ponzu Sauce
- Sesame Cabbage Noodle Salad
More recipes you may like:
- Chimichurri Poblano Turkey Burger!
- Bison Burger
- Thai Turkey Meatballs
- Lamb Burgers
- Quick Sourdough Buns
- Pickled Red Onions
I hope you enjoy these Thai-inspired Turkey Burgers as much as we have! Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 lb ground turkey ( see notes)
- 3 tablespoons shallot, very finely diced ( or red onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves- finely minced ( or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro or Thai basil (or reg basil, or mint)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped ( or substitute 1 Tablespoon sriracha sauce, or red chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or sub soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper– optional
Crunchy Asian Slaw:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ( or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high. ( see notes to pan-sear)
- Combine all the burger ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well using hands. With wet hands, shape into 3 burgers, 1-inch thick. Place on a plate in the fridge.
- Toss the slaw ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the spicy aioli ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Grill patties on a well-greased, pre-heated grill 4-5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Toast or grill the buns.
- Spread aioli on the bottom bun, top with the patty, then the slaw, cucumber ribbons (optional) , more aioli, then the top bun. Enjoy!!
- To make cucumber ribbons, use a veggie peeler to make long thin slices. No need to peel English or Turkish cucumbers, but do peel those with thick waxy skins.
- The burger patties can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to grill.
- To Pan-Sear: heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat, pan sear turkey burgers until golden and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side. Resist the urge to fiddle with them- let them develop a good crust before flipping. 🙂
- Serving Size: 3 burgers
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 738.7 mg
- Fat: 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 31.5 g
- Cholesterol: 112 mg
Keywords: turkey burgers, turkey burger, turkey burger recipe, turkey burger recipes, thai burgers, thai burger recipe, turkey burgers thai