This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
These Sweet Potato Fries can be baked in the oven, or in your air fryer. Healthy, easy and oh-so crispy! Vegan.
Tossed with olive oil, salt and spices, these Sweet Potato Fries are easy, healthy, vegan and super crispy! And however, you choose to serve them- in an elegant glass or on a sheet pan, know that they will most likely disappear within minutes. There are pretty hard to resist and your kids will love them too!
What I love about this recipe!
Sweet Potato Fry Ingredients
How to make Sweet Potato Fries
Step 1: Cut yams or sweet potatoes into 1/3-inch thick strips. I leave the peels on, just wash and dry them first.
Step 3: Bake. Place them on a rack over a sheet pan in the oven to get them nice and crispy. I used a wire cooling rack. Make sure your oven is piping hot! 450F. Place them in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes.
Alternatively, you can Air fry: Place in a single layer on the air fryer rack ( you’ll most likely need to do 2-3 batches) and bake for 12 minutes at 375F. Toss, and bake 5 more minutes. You will need to do 2 batches.
TIP: To keep them nice and crispy, serve them spread out on a sheet-pan with the dipping sauce. (Piling them up will cause them to steam and wilt.)
Or, if serving immediately, serve them upright in a glass with parchment.
What to serve with Sweet Potato Fries
- Chipotle Mayo (Mexican Secret Sauce)
- Harissa Aioli (recipe below)
- Ketchup spiked with chipotle
- Sriracha mayo
- Mustard-spiked Mayo.
A great way to get a healthy veggie into a picky eater. 🙂
More Sweet Potato Recipes You may like
These Sweet Potato Fries can be baked in the oven, or in your Air Fryer. Healthy, easy and oh-so crispy! Vegan.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (see notes for air fryer)
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into ⅓-inch thick slices- no need to peel. Then cut each slice into ⅓ inch thick strips. Cut as uniformly as possible.
- Toss potatoes with enough oil to coat. Mix cornstarch with salt, and spices in a separate small bowl and toss with the sweet potatoes.
- Place a wire cooling rack over a sheet pan, and arrange them on the rack not overlapping. Bake for 20-25 minutes. If you don’t have a wire rack use a parchment lined sheet pan – do not line with foil – the corn starch will stick to foil. Check at 15 mins. Bake another 5-10 minutes if needed (thicker pieces will need the extra time) being careful not to burn. Note.If cooking on the sheet pan, turn the fries over, halfway through cooking ( like at 12 minutes).
- When the sweet potato fries are tender and crispy, pull them from the oven.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh cilantro or parsley for color and aioli.
Harissa Aioli (or Make Chipotle Mayo!)
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo or regular mayo
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder (optional, or sub cayenne or chili flakes)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
To make the harissa aioli, whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
When serving for a group, spread them out a little so they stay crispy. ( If you pile them up, they will get soft.) I sometimes just serve them on a sheet pan. Or in a cup or class where they stand upright, allowing the air to circulate.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 363.9 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato fries, sweet potato fries recipe, sweet potato fries baked, sweet potato fries air fryer, how to make sweet potato fries, crispy sweet potato fries