These Sweet Potato Fries can be baked in the oven, or in your Air Fryer. Healthy, easy and oh-so crispy! Vegan.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (see notes for air fryer)
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into ⅓-inch thick slices- no need to peel. Then cut each slice into ⅓ inch thick strips. Cut as uniformly as possible.
- Toss potatoes with enough oil to coat. Mix cornstarch with salt, and spices in a separate small bowl and toss with the sweet potatoes.
- Place a wire cooling rack over a sheet pan, and arrange them on the rack not overlapping. Bake for 20-25 minutes. If you don’t have a wire rack use a parchment lined sheet pan – do not line with foil – the corn starch will stick to foil. Check at 15 mins. Bake another 5-10 minutes if needed (thicker pieces will need the extra time) being careful not to burn. Note.If cooking on the sheet pan, turn the fries over, halfway through cooking ( like at 12 minutes).
- When the sweet potato fries are tender and crispy, pull them from the oven.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh cilantro or parsley for color and aioli.
Harissa Aioli (or Make Chipotle Mayo!)
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo or regular mayo
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder (optional, or sub cayenne or chili flakes)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
To make the harissa aioli, whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
When serving for a group, spread them out a little so they stay crispy. ( If you pile them up, they will get soft.) I sometimes just serve them on a sheet pan. Or in a cup or class where they stand upright, allowing the air to circulate.
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 363.9 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato fries, sweet potato fries recipe, sweet potato fries baked, sweet potato fries air fryer, how to make sweet potato fries, crispy sweet potato fries