This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Vegan Fajitas with Cauliflower Rice are loaded up with healthy veggies that are lathered in flavorful Mexican Marinade and served over cauliflower “rice”. The best thing? You can bake it all on a sheet pan with just 15 minutes of hands-on time. Keep it vegan or add chicken!
Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable. ~Mary Oliver~
These Vegan Fajitas with Cilantro Cauliflower Rice are low-carb and gluten-free and take only a few minutes of hands-on time before going into the oven to bake. The fajitas are roasted on a sheet pan – or during the warmer months, grilled for extra flavor.
Add chicken if you have meat-eaters in the family ( see recipe notes) or if you wish, keep it all vegan. It is another one of our “adaptable recipes” for when there are vegans and carnivores, both living under the same roof. One meal- two ways!
What I love about this Sheet Pan Dinner is how quick and easy it is to put together and how fast it is to clean up – the very best part!
How to make Vegan FajitAS
It starts with fresh veggies. Bell peppers, onions, portobellos. Feel Free to add others! Zucchini or tomatoes would be good.
Make the flavorful Marinade! Stir the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl to create a paste.
Roast the Fajita Veggies
Lightly brush the marinade onto the veggies and optional chicken.
You could also toss veggies with marinade in a bowl.
Bake FajitAs on a sheet pan
Bake in 425F oven on the middle rack, 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through. A little char is flavorful here…
Or in the summer, fire up the grill!!!
Make the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice:
While the fajitas are roasting or grilling make the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
Now, of course, you can use regular rice, brown rice or quinoa. You can also skip the grains altogether and fold the roasted veggies into warm tortillas, or serve over seasoned beans. Your call.
Here is a product that I use out of simplicity and ease. Cauliflower that is already chopped up and prepped.
You can also make this in a food processor by pulsing cauliflower florets repeatedly until coarsely ground like you see here.
What I love about cauliflower rice is it’s quite filling while remaining low in carbs and calories. It’s also really good for you, packed with healthy antioxidants.
Saute the cauliflower rice with the onions.
Top with cilantro.
Assemble the Fajita Bowls
Once the veggies are done, assemble the fajita bowls using the Cilantro Cauliflower Rice as the base.
Ways to add Protein:
- Add Mexican Pinto Beans
- Crispy Tofu
- Add tofu or chicken breast to the sheet pan (season with salt and pepper and then use the same marinade)
- Add canned seasoned black beans to the bowls.
How easy is that?
OH! And the leftovers make a really nice breakfast, with a fried or sunny side egg over top.
How to Elevate this!
For an extra burst of flavor make this smoky Chipotle Mayo (it’s GF and vegan adaptable) and it’s a good thing to have on hand – I always keep a squirt bottle of it in the fridge for flavor emergencies and it keeps for weeks!
Other sauces that would be great here are:
- Vegan Cilantro Crema
- Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Avocado Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Poblano Pumpkin Seed Sauce
Drizzle the smoky Chipotle Mayo over the bowl for an added burst of flavor and enjoy!!!
More Recipes you may like!
Vegans Fajitas with Cauliflower Rice– a fast weeknight meal that is vegan and gluten-free. Or feel free to add chicken!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic- finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bell peppers ( red and yellow are nice)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (or sub boneless skinless, chicken breasts or thighs- see notes)
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix the marinade ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl.
- Cut the bell peppers and portobellos into 1 inch thick slices. Cut the onions into ½ inch thick wedges.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, in a single layer not overlapping. Brush with the marinade (or toss in a bowl first).
- Roast in on the middle rack in the oven 25-35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While this is roasting, make the Cilantro Cauliflower Rice. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and saute 3-4 more minutes until tender and fragrant. Add riced cauliflower and salt. Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Add coriander, zest and lime juice. Adjust salt and lime. Turn heat off until ready to serve.
- Assemble the bowls, divide cauliflower rice among bowls, top with roasted veggies (or chicken). Garnish with cilantro, chipotle mayo, avocado, limes, etc.
If adding tofu or chicken, pat dry, season with salt and pepper, then brush with marinade and bake alongside the veggies. ***Check chicken breast at 18-20 minutes (depending on thickness) check chicken thighs at 22-26 minutes, and bake tofu until crispy.
You can also roast the cauliflower rice in the oven on a sheet pan. Use the same ingredients, but add the lime juice and cilantro after it’s cooked.
Make the Chipotle Mayo here!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 372.7 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan fajitas, sheet pan fajitas, fajita bowl, vegan fajita bowls, vegan fajitas, baked fajitas, vegan fajita recipe, vegan fajitas