This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This creamy Avocado Salsa (aka Mexican Green Sauce, or Avocado Sauce) with Cilantro and Lime is VEGAN, and flavorful – and perfect for spooning over tacos, enchiladas, Buddha Bowls and rice dishes!
Trust me, you’ll want to put this creamy Avocado Salsa with jalapeño, cilantro and lime on everything! It’s vegan, flavorful and oh so EASY!
Use this over fajita bowls, spooned into portobello tacos or wraps, or over Mexican-inspired dishes like enchiladas or these vegan stuffed peppers.
Ingredients in Avocado Salsa:
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- olive oil (or leave this out and replace with water for an oil-free version)
- kosher salt and pepper
- teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ cups lime juice
- 1- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-6 slices jalapeño (optional, to taste) or a pinch of cayenne
How to make Avocado Salsa
Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or blender in a pinch) and pulse until creamy and combined.
You can leave it a little textured, or blend until its really smooth, up to you!
So much flavor happening here!
What to serve with Avocado Salsa:
- Mexican Rice with Sheet-Pan Veggies
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Avocado Sauce
- Vegan Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice ( Sheet Pan Dinner)
- Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Jackfruit Tacos (Vegan!)
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw (Grilled, Baked or Stovetop)
- Grilled Steak Tacos with Chimichurri
This is a good one to keep in your back pocket for when you need a little boost of flavor and richness without too many calories!
Tell us how you like this Creamy Vegan Avocado Salsa in the comments below!
Avocado Salsa ( Mexican Green Sauce)
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 ¼ cup 1x
- Category: Sauces, vegan, oil-free
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: mexican
- Diet: Vegan
You’ll want to put this Avocado Salsa with jalapeño, cilantro and lime on everything! It’s vegan, flavorful and EASY!
- 1 medium avocado, ripe (1 cup, diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup water- plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or leave this out and replace with water for an oil-free version)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 cups lime juice
- 1– 2 garlic cloves
- cracked pepper to taste
- 3–6 slices jalapeño (optional, to taste) or pinch cayenne
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended. For a looser consistency, add a little more water as needed.
- Taste, adjust salt, heat and lime.
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
You can keep this OIL-FREE, replacing the olive oil with water.
You can make this in a blender, but may need to increase the water just a bit to get the blender motor going.
This is best served within 2 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 22
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 2.2 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Avocado salsa, Avocado Sauce, Avocado cilantro sauce, avocado crema, Avocado Salsa, Mexican green sauce, vegan avocado sauce, creamy avocado sauce, cilantro sauce, creamy vegan avocado sauce
I mixed this with cabbage slaw for my fish tacos and I loved it 🙂
I love so much this avocado cream. thanks))
Glad you liked it!
This avocado cream is absolutely fantastic! We tried it with the stuffed poblano peppers recipe (also 5 stars) and look forward to trying out this sauce on other dishes as well.
Awesome and Thanks so much Kelly!
Wow, thank you, Sylvia! Your dressing is just what the doctor ordered!
I was looking for an oil-free, plant-based dressing that included my
favorite flavors of cilantro, lime and avocado, and your recipe delivered
Tangy, flavorful and delicious! The coriander is a surprise and delightful
This is insanely delicious!
We are blessed with an abundance of avocados now and wonder if this freezes?
It may turn brown. If you try freezing, will you let me know? Curious!
Delicious and easy to prepare!
Great to hear – thanks Laurie!
Hi there! I’d love to try this! Will the dressing stay green for a while?
Everyone in the family loves it from age 8 to 83!!!
Awesome Sheri, great to hear!