This creamy Avocado Salsa (aka Mexican Green Sauce, or Avocado Sauce) with Cilantro and Lime is VEGAN, and flavorful – and perfect for spooning over tacos, enchiladas, Buddha Bowls and rice dishes!
Trust me, you’ll want to put this creamy Avocado Salsa with jalapeño, cilantro and lime on everything! It’s vegan, flavorful and oh so EASY!
Ingredients in Avocado Salsa:
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- olive oil (or leave this out and replace with water for an oil-free version)
- kosher salt and pepper
- teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ cups lime juice
- 1- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-6 slices jalapeño (optional, to taste) or a pinch of cayenne
How to make Avocado Salsa
Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or blender in a pinch) and pulse until creamy and combined.
You can leave it a little textured, or blend until its really smooth, up to you!
So much flavor happening here!
What to serve with Avocado Salsa:
- Mexican Rice with Sheet-Pan Veggies
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Avocado Sauce
- Vegan Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice ( Sheet Pan Dinner)
- Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Jackfruit Tacos (Vegan!)
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw (Grilled, Baked or Stovetop)
- Grilled Steak Tacos with Chimichurri
This is a good one to keep in your back pocket for when you need a little boost of flavor and richness without too many calories!
Tell us how you like this Creamy Vegan Avocado Salsa in the comments below!
You’ll want to put this Avocado Salsa with jalapeño, cilantro and lime on everything! It’s vegan, flavorful and EASY!
- 1 medium avocado, ripe (1 cup, diced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup water- plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or leave this out and replace with water for an oil-free version)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ cups lime juice
- 1– 2 garlic cloves
- cracked pepper to taste
- 3–6 slices jalapeño (optional, to taste) or pinch cayenne
You can keep this OIL-FREE, replacing the olive oil with water.
You can make this in a blender, but may need to increase the water just a bit to get the blender motor going.
This is best served within 2 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 22
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 2.2 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Avocado salsa, Avocado Sauce, Avocado cilantro sauce, avocado crema, Avocado Salsa, Mexican green sauce, vegan avocado sauce, creamy avocado sauce, cilantro sauce, creamy vegan avocado sauce