This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
This Cashew Basil Dressing is everything you want in a salad dressing- it’s tangy, creamy, herby and flavorful while being totally dairy-free and vegan.
Summer is finally upon us in the Northwest. The sun is shining the days are long and warm, and all I want to do is have my hands in the dirt and eat salad. This creamy Cashew Basil Dressing was on the menu this past week, both as a dressing for this Raw Beet Salad and later as a dip for cool crisp Turkish cucumbers and jicama.
What I love about Cashew Basil Dressing
- It’s tangy, creamy, and full-flavored!
- Great on crunchy crisp lettuces like romaine & little gems.
- Works nicely as a veggie dip!
- Makes for a great sandwich spread (in place of mayo).
- Pairs well with summer tomatoes.
Cashew Basil Dressing Ingredients
- raw cashews– soaked or simmered
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Why Soak Cashews?
- Soaking raw cashews in water softens them, and makes them easier to blend, giving them a beautifully creamy texture.
- Soaking cashews (or any nuts) makes them more nutritious by removing the phytic acid, a compound that can block nutrients from being absorbed by the body.
- Soaking cashews makes them more easily digestible.
Two Ways to Soak Cashews
- Soak raw cashews in cold water, overnight. For every cup of cashews, soak in 3 cups of water, then drain.
- For a faster soak, simmer cashews in a small pot on the stove for 30 minutes, until softened. Drain.
Serve Cashew Basil Dressing with
- Rainbow Salad
- Raw Beet Salad with Basil Cashew Dressing
- Little Gem Salad
- Farmers Market Veggie Platter with Dips!
Enjoy this Cashew Basil Dressing and have a great weekend!
More Salad Dressings you may enjoy!
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Dressing (Vegan)
- Creamy Herby Hemp Dressing
- Creamy Pesto Dressing
- Creamy Cashew Cheese
Creamy Cashew Basil Dressing
- Prep Time: 35
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: salad dressing
- Method: blended
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Creamy Cashew Basil Dressing – tangy, creamy, vegan and full of summer flavor. Use on crispy-crunchy lettuces like romaine and little gems and perfect with summer tomatoes.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in cold water overnight or simmered in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1–2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves (or substitute Italian parsley or mix of both)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Soak cashews in cold water (or simmer in boiling water for 30 minutes until plump) for 8-24 hours, until softened and plump. Drain.
- Place cashews, olive oil, water, and garlic in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add basil, salt and pepper. Blend again, scraping down sides, until creamy and vibrant green.
- If you prefer a looser dressing, blend in a bit more water or oil, adjusting salt and lemon as needed.
- Place in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can sub hemp seeds for the cashews. 😉
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 146.7 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cashew dressing, creamy cashew dressing, creamy cashew basil dressing, vegan basil dressing, creamy basil dressing
Another winner! So good on everything, chicken, salad, salmon. Delicious!
So happy you liked this Katherine!
Amazing and perfect. I make all my own dressings and am picky. This one is good. I’m eating it by the spoonful like ice cream 😍
Haha- love it Ellen!
I made this and I was delighted to eat it on salad or dipping veggies. It also went well on my fish. Delicious
Glad you enjoyed this!
Oh my gosh, this is GOOD! Honestly, I could almost drink it. 🙂
I had the cashews in the freezer and fresh basil in the garden, so it mixed up in a flash. Served it with fresh lettuce straight from our garden alongside a batch of your garlic scape Naan. Thanks for a recipe that will no doubt be a favorite all summer!
Definite home run.
Glad you enjoyed this one Mary- I love it too.