This Cashew Basil Dressing is everything you want in a salad dressing- it’s tangy, creamy, herby and flavorful while being totally dairy-free and vegan.
Summer is finally upon us in the Northwest. The sun is shining the days are long and warm, and all I want to do is have my hands in the dirt and eat salad. This creamy Cashew Basil Dressing was on the menu this past week, both as a dressing for this Raw Beet Salad and later as a dip for cool crisp Turkish cucumbers and jicama.
What I love about Cashew Basil Dressing
- It’s tangy, creamy, and full-flavored!
- Great on crunchy crisp lettuces like romaine & little gems.
- Works nicely as a veggie dip!
- Makes for a great sandwich spread (in place of mayo).
- Pairs well with summer tomatoes.
Cashew Basil Dressing Ingredients
- raw cashews– soaked or simmered
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Why Soak Cashews?
- Soaking raw cashews in water softens them, and makes them easier to blend, giving them a beautifully creamy texture.
- Soaking cashews (or any nuts) makes them more nutritious by removing the phytic acid, a compound that can block nutrients from being absorbed by the body.
- Soaking cashews makes them more easily digestible.
Two Ways to Soak Cashews
- Soak raw cashews in cold water, overnight. For every cup of cashews, soak in 3 cups of water, then drain.
- For a faster soak, simmer cashews in a small pot on the stove for 30 minutes, until softened. Drain.
Serve Cashew Basil Dressing with
- Rainbow Salad
- Raw Beet Salad with Basil Cashew Dressing
- Little Gem Salad
- Farmers Market Veggie Platter with Dips!
Enjoy this Cashew Basil Dressing and have a great weekend!
More Salad Dressings you may enjoy!
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Dressing (Vegan)
- Creamy Herby Hemp Dressing
- Creamy Pesto Dressing
- Creamy Cashew Cheese
Creamy Cashew Basil Dressing – tangy, creamy, vegan and full of summer flavor. Use on crispy-crunchy lettuces like romaine and little gems and perfect with summer tomatoes.
- Soak cashews in cold water (or simmer in boiling water for 30 minutes until plump) for 8-24 hours, until softened and plump. Drain.
- Place cashews, olive oil, water, and garlic in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add basil, salt and pepper. Blend again, scraping down sides, until creamy and vibrant green.
- If you prefer a looser dressing, blend in a bit more water or oil, adjusting salt and lemon as needed.
- Place in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can sub hemp seeds for the cashews. 😉
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 146.7 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cashew dressing, creamy cashew dressing, creamy cashew basil dressing, vegan basil dressing, creamy basil dressing