Here’s a 5-Minute Creamy Hemp Dressing (or Dip!) that is vegan, herby and delicious- an easy way to spice up your favorite salads and veggie platters! Make this with fresh dill, parsley or basil! Keto and vegan.
I can’t think of a veggie that doesn’t want to be dunked or bathed in this Creamy Hemp Dressing. We’ve been loving it as a dip– for radishes, salad turnips, carrots, broccoli and cucumbers, as well as an all-around salad dressing for salad greens. Oh! And it does wonders for Broccoli – in this Broccoli Salad!
What I love about this hemp dressing, besides its creamy texture and lovely flavor is how adaptable it is. We’ve made it with a whole number of herbs and it always turns out. Dill, parsley and basil are my favorites but I’m sure you’ll come up with more.
Plus it can be made in 5-minutes flat.
Oh, and did I mention, it’s vegan, and keto? Whoa!
It keeps for 4 days in the fridge and is so nice to have on hand.
But it is not one of those dressings you make and then promptly forget about.
Trust me, you won’t forget about this one in your fridge…it won’t get lost in the back corner, you’ll want to keep it front and center.
In fact, it will be difficult not to just gulp it up. Trust me, I’ve had to talk myself out of this a few times ( but it’s so vegan, it’s so healthy, it’s so … I try to rationalize.)
Anyways, another way to eat more fresh healthy veggies is to have something delicious to dip or dress them in. Creamy Vegan Hemp Dressing! Cheers!Print
Creamy Herby Hemp Dressing
5-Minute Creamy Hemp Dressing is vegan, herby and delicious- an easy way to spice up your favorite salads and veggie platters! Make this with fresh dill, parsley or basil! Keto and vegan.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 1 ¼ cup 1x
- Category: dressing, dip
- Method: blended
- Cuisine: Western
- 1 cup hemp seeds (or hemp hearts)
- 1/2 cup water, more to thin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, more to add richness
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar (or other pale vinegar)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley ( or dill or basil, or a combo- and chives are nice too)
- Place all ingredients, except the herbs in a blender.
- Starting on low speed, gradually increasing, blend until creamy and smooth (make sure the garlic is blended).
- If you need to add another tablespoon or two of water, to get the blender going, that is fine.
- Add the herbs, blend until chopped up finely.
- This will be a good “dip” consistancy. If you’d like a looser salad dressing, add a little more water or olive oil. (Just 2-3 tablespoons or so.) This is best served chilled, and will thicken in frigerator. Store in a sealed jar, or covered bowl in the fridge.
Adding the vinegar will extend it’s shelf life to 4-5 days. ( Insteading of using all lemon juice).
Fee free to sub cashews for hemp seeds.
Hemp seeds (or hearts) can be found at most grocery stores in the bulk section, or baking section or online. They are also available at Costo and Trader Joes.
Keywords: Hemp dressing, vegan hemp dressing, keto hemp dressing, dill hemp dressing, creamy hemp dressing, hemp recipes