Vegans Fajitas with Cauliflower Rice– a fast weeknight meal that is vegan and gluten-free. Or feel free to add chicken!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic- finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bell peppers ( red and yellow are nice)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (or sub boneless skinless, chicken breasts or thighs- see notes)
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix the marinade ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl.
- Cut the bell peppers and portobellos into 1 inch thick slices. Cut the onions into ½ inch thick wedges.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, in a single layer not overlapping. Brush with the marinade (or toss in a bowl first).
- Roast in on the middle rack in the oven 25-35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While this is roasting, make the Cilantro Cauliflower Rice. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and saute 3-4 more minutes until tender and fragrant. Add riced cauliflower and salt. Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Add coriander, zest and lime juice. Adjust salt and lime. Turn heat off until ready to serve.
- Assemble the bowls, divide cauliflower rice among bowls, top with roasted veggies (or chicken). Garnish with cilantro, chipotle mayo, avocado, limes, etc.
If adding tofu or chicken, pat dry, season with salt and pepper, then brush with marinade and bake alongside the veggies. ***Check chicken breast at 18-20 minutes (depending on thickness) check chicken thighs at 22-26 minutes, and bake tofu until crispy.
You can also roast the cauliflower rice in the oven on a sheet pan. Use the same ingredients, but add the lime juice and cilantro after it’s cooked.
Make the Chipotle Mayo here!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 372.7 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan fajitas, sheet pan fajitas, fajita bowl, vegan fajita bowls, vegan fajitas, baked fajitas, vegan fajita recipe, vegan fajitas