This is the refreshing and delicious Israeli Salad I was telling you about last week that pairs so well with Grilled Chicken Shawarma. The salad itself bursts with all the good flavors of summer – fresh veggies and herbs, tossed in a simple lemony dressing. Simple fresh ingredients, healthy, light….and oh so tasty! This is like summer in a bowl.
Hope everyone is having a good week. It has been kind of crazy around here in the catering world – we are definitely in the thick of it. But in the midst of it, there are little moments here and there that help keep my head from spinning off. I’m trying to not let myself get to the place where I feel completely overwhelmed and panicked, which is all too common when we are super busy with weddings. It mostly involves bringing myself back into the present, every time I start to feel stressed about all the things that need to get done. I take 5 deep and slow breaths and just take a minute to look around me. It has been a simple calming practice. Anyways, I’ll let you know how it works out. In the meantime, enjoy this salad. Make some shawarma to go with it. Cheers!
- 2 extra large tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ C herbs (Italian parsley, mint or cilantro, or a mix)
- zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice (start with ½ a lemon, more to taste)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the first 6 ingredients into a very small fine dice. The smaller, the better.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Serve with Grilled Chicken Shawarma