This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
These Cabbage Recipes are filled with so much flavor! From fresh, crunchy slaws and salads, to warming cabbage soups and tender baked cabbage and everything in between – prepare to be inspired! Many Vegetarian and Vegan options!
The humble cabbage has so much to offer -including amazing health benefits, versatility in the kitchen, a long shelf life, affordability, and accessibility- one of winter’s best treasures.
This Asian Slaw and our Lebanese Slaw (Salatet Malfouf) are both highly rated. ⭐️
Cabbage Slaw And Salads
Crunchy clean satisfying coleslaws and salads made with fresh cabbage. The perfect side dish to any meal, or a delicious addition to sandwiches, wraps, and tacos.
Easy Crunchy Asian Slaw
One of our most popular cabbage recipes on the blog, this addicting, Easy Crunchy Asian Slaw has the DRESSING EVER! Serve this alongside fish, tofu, or chicken or stuffed into tacos, topped onto burgers, or added to buddha bowls. A great way to add more cabbage into your everyday meals.
Lebanese Slaw (Salatet Malfouf)
No Middle Eastern Feast is complete without this simple Lebanese Slaw made with crunchy cabbage, tons of fresh herbs, lemon, garlic and scallions. One of my personal favorites.
Lemony Kale Slaw (Vegan)
This simple Cabbage Kale Slaw with Lemony Dressing can be made ahead, then used throughout the week to top off tacos, wraps, buddha bowls, burgers, and even pizza. An easy way to get in your dark leafy greens. Vegan and Gluten-Free, this amazing kale slaw keeps up to 4 days in the fridge.
Sesame Cabbage Noodle Salad
A healthy delicious recipe for Sesame Cabbage Noodle Salad with Tofu ( or chicken) that can be made ahead- perfect for meals on the go or workweek lunches!
Cabbage Mango Slaw
Cabbage and Mango Slaw– this healthy, detoxing recipe is low in fat, vegan and gluten-free. Makes a delicious summer side salad … and perfect in Tacos!
Mexican Slaw with Cilantro and Lime
Mexican Slaw with jalapeño, cilantro and lime- perfect for tacos or a vegan side to your Mexican Feast. Fast and easy and Vegan!
Table of Contents
- Cabbage Slaw And Salads
- Easy Crunchy Asian Slaw
- Lebanese Slaw (Salatet Malfouf)
- Lemony Kale Slaw (Vegan)
- Sesame Cabbage Noodle Salad
- Cabbage Mango Slaw
- Mexican Slaw with Cilantro and Lime
- Warm Red Cabbage Slaw
- Cabbage Soups And Stews
- Simple Vegan Cabbage Soup
- Simple Borscht Recipe (Instant Pot or Stove Top!)
- Brothy Leek, Lamb & Cabbage Soup
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew
- Hot and Sour Cabbage Soup
- Cabbage Side Dishes
- Melting Slow-Braised Cabbage Wedges
- Cabbage Dinner Ideas
- Cabbage Steaks
- Cabbage Stir Fry
- Turkish Cabbage Rolls
- Kimchi Noodles
- Grilled Cabbage with Chicken Sausage (vegan-adaptable!)
- Tempeh Reuben Sandwich
- Kimchi Burritos!
- Perfect Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
- Kimchi Fried Rice
- Cabbage Faqs
- 26+ Amazing Cabbage Recipes!
Cabbage Soups And Stews
Versatile cabbage cooks up tender and succulent, melting into soups and stews, soaking up the flavor and imparting perfect texture. These cozy warming cabbage soups are perfect for the cooler months. We love this Vegan Cabbage Soup!
Simple Vegan Cabbage Soup
Simple clean ingredients full of comforting flavors, this Cabbage Soup is healthy, satisfying and easy to make. Perfect for busy weekdays and leftovers are delicious! Vegan.
Simple Borscht Recipe (Instant Pot or Stove Top!)
A simple delicious recipe for Borscht, a healthy, vegan-adaptable beet and cabbage soup that can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. Warming and nourishing, Borscht is full of flavor and nutrients!
Brothy Leek, Lamb & Cabbage Soup
Brothy Leek, Lamb and Cabbage Soup– a delicious, soul-warming soup that can be made in a Pressure Cooker. Add white beans or leave them out for a low-carb, keto option. Serve with Savory Cheddar Scones!
Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew
Here is a delicious, homey Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew easy to throw together with homemade naturally-cured Corned Beef. This has all the makings of a good stew, abundant with root vegetables, farro, and flavorful tangy beef. Top it with homemade sauerkraut for an added boost of probiotic bliss.
Cabbage Side Dishes
Showcasing cabbage in its pure form- cooked to mouthwatering perfection, this slow-braised cabbage pairs well with so many things!
Cabbage Dinner Ideas
Dinner with cabbage front and center. These recipes do not disappoint with their satisfying flavor. Many vegetarian cabbage dinner options that are quick and easy! One of our favorites is the Stuffed Turkish Cabbage Rolls – which are vegan-adaptable!
Tender, smoky Cabbage Steaks are easy to make and full of flavor. Just 15 minutes of prep before roasting in the oven, they make a quick and healthy weeknight meal!
Cabbage Stir Fry
This quick & easy Cabbage Stir Fry overflows with savory Asian flavor. Add protein of choice & serve over rice or soba noodles. Ready in 30 mins!
Turkish Cabbage Rolls
Turkish Stuffed Cabbage Rolls – filled with ground meat (or sub-plant-based meat) , pine nuts and fragrant spices, bathed in the most delicious Turkish Tomato Sauce. This can be made ahead and reheated for your special gathering. Keto and low carb adaptable!
Here’s a super tasty recipe for Vegan Kimchi Noodles, stir-fried with lots of healthy veggies you probably have on hand. Keep it vegan or add an egg, chicken or shrimp! Crispy tofu is also a delicious option here!
Grilled Cabbage with Chicken Sausage (vegan-adaptable!)
Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Andouille Sausage– a fast and easy weeknight dinner that can be made in the grill in under 30 minutes! Flavorful and Vegan Adaptable!
Tempeh Reuben Sandwich
A Tempeh Reuben Sandwich piled up with your favorite cabbage kraut (here we use our Golden Turmeric Kraut) with Smoked Mozzarella Cheese.
Vegetarian Kimchi Burritos! A 20-minute vegetarian dinner recipe, loaded up with kimchi, healthy veggies, black beans, and leftover rice. Easy and delicious! FULL of flavor!
Perfect Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Perfect Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw can be made using a grill, stove top or oven! Vegan & gluten-free adaptable- sub tofu for the fish! A fast, easy and healthy dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Deliciously tangy and full of crunchy texture, fermented cabbage is abundant with healthful properties and so easy to make! Here is a collection of easy fermented cabbage recipes from simple sauerkraut to kimchi!
A quick and easy recipe for authentic Kimchi – Korean fermented cabbage, full of healthy probiotics that will keep for months in the fridge. Easy, flavorful and adaptable! Vegan adaptable!
Sauerkraut (Simple Cultured Cabbage)
How to make Sauerkraut- a delicious tangy addition to many dishes. Brimming with gut-healing probiotics, fermented cabbage is easy to make at home with just two ingredients and 30 minutes hands-on time.
GLOWING Turmeric Sauerkraut
How to make Turmeric Sauerkraut– a small-batch recipe that can be put together in 10 minutes and sits on the counter for 3-5 days!
Curtido – Fermented Salvadoran Slaw
Curtido – A cultured Salvadoran Slaw with cabbage, carrots, onion and oregano. Simple to make, full of healthy probiotics! Use on Tacos, Pupusas, quesadillas or enchiladas as a delicious healthy condiment!
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Cabbage!
- Cabbage is good for the heart -raising levels of beta-carotene, lutein, and other heart-protective antioxidants. It can help lower “oxidized” LDL, which is linked to the hardening of the arteries.
- Cabbage reduces inflammation.
- Cabbage improves brain function and properly activates the nervous system because it is rich in iodine.
- Cabbage supports digestive health– a great source of insoluble fiber ( keeps things moving!) it also feeds our healthy gut bacteria and helps to heal our gut lining, preventing leaky gut.
- Cabbage supports liver health -containing glutathione and sulforaphane, which improve the detoxifying function of the liver.
- Cabbage is nutrient dense– high in vitamin K and vitamin C, manganese, folate, and potassium, cabbage is also rich in phytonutrients.
- Cabbage helps regulate insulin and may help prevent type 2 diabetes.
Place the entire unwashed uncut head of cabbage in plastic and store in the vegetable drawer in the fridge. It will keep this way for up to two months. Once the cabbage is cut or shredded use it within 3 days.
Cabbage freezes well blanched and unblanched (up to 2 months) and is best used in cooked recipes.
Cabbage that is grown closest to you, free of herbicides and pesticides, and usually found at your local farmers market is the healthiest! Or purchase organic cabbage from your grocer. Dark purple cabbage contains more polyphenols and cancer-fighting flavonoids than green cabbage but green cabbage still offers up amazing health benefits.
Ferment it! Fermented Cabbage lasts indefinitely in the proper environment. Make Kimchi or Sauerkruat both full of healthy probiotics.
Soaking cabbage in cold water is a simple way to crisp it up and reduce its pungent bite.
Cabbage is healthy in any form- raw, cooked, grilled roasted, steamed and sauteed, but we love the probiotics in fermented cabbage like kimchi and sauerkraut and feel this is the healthiest way to eat cabbage.
Raw cabbage is considered to be an excellent prebiotic- providing fuel and food for the good bacteria already in our large intestines, keeping them well-fed and strong so they can help stave off bad bacteria.
26+ Amazing Cabbage Recipes!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner, main
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Our Best Cabbage Recipes! The health benefits of cabbage are impressive, and these delicious cabbage recipes make cooking and eating cabbage such a pleasure! Healthy easy recipes the whole family will love: Cabbage Steaks
- 2 small cabbages (small are better than large, see notes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo Chili flakes (or use regular chili flakes)
- lemon zest from one lemon
- optional: 1/4 cup parmesan
- Italian parsley
Sauce: Pickled Pepper Vinaigrette or Gremolata (pick one)
Serve over mashed potatoes, creamy polenta(in photos) , or creamy risotto.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the stem end off the cabbage, about one inch from the bottom. Continuing in that direction, cut 1-inch slices. You should have 3 per cabbage. Save the ends and tops for another use- slaws, salads or stock.
- Place cabbage on a parchment-lined sheet pan (prettier side down). Brush liberally with olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic, and chili flakes. Carefully turn them over and repeat- olive oil, salt pepper, smoked paprika, garlic and chili flakes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest. Save the leftover oil for touch-up.
- Roast for 20 minutes on the middle rack (if adding parmesan, add it at minute 15) check, and continue baking if needed, until the middle is fork tender.
- While the cabbage steaks are roasting, make the sauce and side ( here, we’ve used creamy polenta).
- Assemble: Place the creamy polenta in a wide shallow bowl, carefully top with a cabbage steak; if it looks dry, brush with a little more olive oil, top with fresh parsley and spoon the sauce over and around the cabbage steaks. Serve with a knife and fork.
See Cabbage Steaks for full details.
- Serving Size: 1 cabbage steak
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 450.9 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 25 cabbage recipes, cabbage recipes, best cabbage recipes, healthy cabbage recipe, vegetarian cabbage recipes, cabbage recipes dinner
Excellent! Have made many of these and have not been disappointed!
What an excellent collection of cabbage recipes, I am definitely saving these, love the ideas and as much as I love cabbage, I do run out of ideas. Many Thanks Sylvia!
Thanks so much!