This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
Cabbage Mango Slaw- this healthy, detoxing recipe is low in fat, vegan and gluten-free. Makes a delicious summer side… or perfect in Caribbean Shrimp Tacos!
Looking for more? Check out our 26+ Amazing Cabbage Recipes!
This refreshing Cabbage Mango Slaw is infused with Caribbean Flavors. It started off being a humble side-kick for my Caribbean Shrimp Taco’s, but since then, has quickly risen in importance to justify it as a stand alone. I find myself making a big batch and using it on everything from buddha bowls, tacos, on sandwiches, or in wraps. Great for summer meal-prep and pot lucks and gatherings.
I love the healthy clean tropical flavors and crunchy texture. And it’s so versatile perfect as a healthy side salad for a summer BBQ, adding brightness to heavy meals. It’s delicious in pulled pork sliders, or on a crispy fish sandwich, or simply served alongside black beans and rice, for a healthy vegan dinner. It also can be made-ahead, and keeps for days! Simple to make, clean and detoxing, this vegan salad is one to add to your summer repertoire!
Look at all these fresh ingredients!
Make sure to pick a ripe mango that is NOT too soft, just barely ripe. Peel with a veggie peeler.
Cabbage, mango, onion, cilantro, jalapeno all go in the bowl with the orange zest, orange juice and lime juice, then just gently mix.
Serve as a side dish…. or try it in these flavorful Caribbean Shrimp Tacos!
You may also like
- Mexican Slaw with Cilantro and Lime
- 26+ Amazing Cabbage Recipes
- Easy Crunchy Asian Slaw
- Make-Ahead Vegan Salads
Cabbage and Mango Slaw- this healthy, detoxing recipe is low in fat, vegan and gluten-free. Makes a delicious summer side salad … and perfect in Tacos!
- Slice or shred cabbage very thinly- Add to large bowl.
- Peel mango with a vegetable peeler, then slice into thin strips, or cut into cubes and place in the bowl.
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeno.
- Zest one orange and add the zest to the bowl. Add the juice of half the orange, and half the lime
- Add oil and salt and mix gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust salt, heat and citrus. Often I will squeeze in the other half of the orange.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
This will keep up to 2 days in the fridge. If using a soft mango, serve right away. Firmer mangos will last longer.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 13.7 g
- Sodium: 306.6 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cabbage mango slaw, cabbage slaw, mango salad, mango recipes, cabbage salad recipes, best mango salad, vegan slaw recipes