Cabbage Mango Slaw
Cabbage and Mango Slaw- this healthy, detoxing recipe is low in fat, vegan and gluten-free. Makes a delicious summer side salad … and perfect in Tacos!
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (½ of small purple cabbage)
- 1 large mango (ripe but firm, not soft)
- ½ cup cilantro chopped, thin stems ok
- ¼ C finely diced or thinly sliced red onion
- ½ to 1 jalapeno- finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- Slice or shred cabbage very thinly- Add to large bowl.
- Peel mango with a vegetable peeler, then slice into thin strips, or cut into cubes and place in the bowl.
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeno.
- Zest one orange and add the zest to the bowl. Add the juice of half the orange, and half the lime
- Add oil and salt and mix gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust salt, heat and citrus. Often I will squeeze in the other half of the orange.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
This will keep up to 2 days in the fridge. If using a soft mango, serve right away. Firmer mangos will last longer.
Keywords: cabbage mango slaw, cabbage slaw, mango salad, mango recipes, cabbage salad recipes, best mango salad, vegan slaw recipes