This Herby Chickpea Salad Sandwich is made with a flavorful smashed chickpea salad loaded up with lots of herbs, and layered with crunchy carrots & radishes, cucumber, avocado and sprouts. Vegan and Gluten-free adaptable!
The healer you have been looking for is your own courage to know and love yourself completely. ~Jung Pueblo~
Every once in a while I get a hankering for a good old-fashioned sandwich. What I love about this Green Goddess Sandwich recipe is you can make the flavorful smashed chickpea salad ahead and assemble the sandwiches (or wraps) as needed during the busy work week! The flavorful Chickpea salad keeps for 4-5 days in the fridge!
How to make a VEGAN Chickpea Salad Sandwich!
Back in my twenties, right after college, my friend Tonia and I started a very illegal sandwich business down in Los Angeles. How we got away with it, and how we had the audacity to do this, I still have no idea, but necessity is the mother of invention, and so we just did it.
Eventually, we went on to open a real, bonafide restaurant, but every time I make a sandwich, I can’t help but think of those crazy sandwich-making days, when life still felt a little wild and free and full of possibilities!
Vegan Chickpea Salad Ingredients:
This week I’ve partnered with Maille Mustard to bring you this hearty vegan, Spring Goddess Sandwich made with an herby Chickpea Salad, loaded up with crunchy radishes, cucumber, carrots, avocado and sprouts.
Their old-style whole grain mustard, partnership aside, is truly one of my favorite whole-grain mustards out there, and it’s especially great for perking up vegan sandwiches.
It starts with making the quick Chickpea Salad. Fresh dill, parsley and Maille mustard give it such a burst of flavor!
This could easily be turned into a wrap or stuffed into a pita, or simply served over a bed of greens.
And of course, feel free to use gluten-free bread or wraps.
To add creaminess to the vegan Chickpea Salad, I used a Vegan Mayo.
You can use store-bought, or make your own vegan mayo!
So tasty, so easy and so yummy. Very satisfying!
This deliciously springy sandwich with herby chickpea salad, crunchy carrots & radishes, cucumber, avocado and sprouts is fast, easy and oh so tasty! You’ll love it.
Other recipes you may like!
- Hearts of Palm Tuna Salad
- 40Healthy Lunch Ideas!
- VEGAN MAKE-AHEAD SALADS
- Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
- Curry Chickpea Salad Wraps with Toasted Coconut
- Vegan Chickpea Salad Sliders with herbs, capers and Arugula
- 1 batch Vegan Chickpea Salad (see below)
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or bagels ( or sub wraps or gluten-free bread or wraps)
- 1 tablespoon Maille Mustard
- 2 large lettuce leaves ( red leaf, green leaf or romaine)
- 1 Turkish cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced ( use a vegetable peeler)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- big handful sprouts- alfalfa, sunflower or diakon
- Make the chickpea salad, placing all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix and smash with a fork until well combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a little whole grain mustard on the bread.
- Top with lettuce and a generous amount of the chickpea salad.
- Layer sliced cucumber, carrots, radishes and avocado.
- Top with a mound of sprouts and bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Make the chickpea salad ahead, and have on hand for meals during the week. It keeps for 4-5 days in the fridge! Great for meal prep.
Keywords: vegan tuna salad, vegan tuna salad with chickpeas, vegan chickpea salad sandwich, green goddess sandwich, chickpea salad,,chickpea salad, vegan egg salad, chickpea sandwich, chickpea wrap