Spring Goddess Sandwich with herby chickpea salad, crunchy carrots & radishes, cucumber, avocado and sprouts. Vegan and Gluten-free adaptable!
The healer you have been looking for is your own courage to know and love yourself completely. ~Jung Pueblo~
Every once in a while I get a hankering for a good old-fashioned sandwich. Back in my twenties, right after college, my friend Tonia and I started a very illegal sandwich business down in Los Angeles. How we got away with it, and how we had the audacity to do this, I still have no idea, but necessity is the mother of invention, and so we just did it. Eventually we went on to open a real, bonafide restaurant, but every time I make a sandwich, I can’t help but think of those crazy sandwich making days, when life still felt a little wild and free and full of possibilities…
This week I’ve partnered with Maille Mustard to bring you this hearty vegan, Spring Goddess Sandwich made with an herby Chickpea Salad, loaded up with crunchy radishes, cucumber, carrots, avocado and sprouts. Their old-style whole grain mustard, partnership aside, is truly one of my favorite whole-grain mustards out there, and it’s especially great for perking up vegan sandwiches.
It starts with making the quick Chickpea Salad. Fresh dill, parsley and Maille mustard give it such a burst of flavor!
Here is a short video if you’d like to see the process!
This could easily be turned into a wrap or stuffed into a pita, and of course feel free to use gluten-free bread or wraps.
To add creaminess to the vegan Chickpea Salad, I used Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo.
So tasty, so easy and so yummy. Very satisfying!
Spring Goddess Sandwich with herby chickpea salad, crunchy carrots & radishes, cucumber, avocado and sprouts. A fast and healthy lunch idea to keep you feeling energized all day long!
And…. here are a few more Healthy Lunch Ideas!
SPRING GODDESS SANDWICH
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 extra large sandwiches
- Category: vegan sandwich
- Cuisine: northwest
- 1 batch Vegan Chickpea Salad (see below)
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or bagels ( or sub wraps or gluten-free bread or wraps)
- 1 tablespoon Maille Mustard
- 2 large lettuce leaves ( red leaf, green leaf or romaine)
- 1 Turkish cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced ( use a vegetable peeler)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- big handful sprouts- alfalfa, sunflower or diakon
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill (or sub ⅛ cup fresh tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons Maille whole grain mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo ( or sub 2-3 teaspoons olive oil)
- generous pinch salt and pepper