A hearty vegan Herby Chickpea Salad Sandwich full of fresh spring veggies and smashed chickpea salad. Fresh herbs and Mustard give these a delicious burst of flavor!
- 1 batch Vegan Chickpea Salad (see below)
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or bagels ( or sub wraps or gluten-free bread or wraps)
- 1 tablespoon Maille Mustard
- 2 large lettuce leaves ( red leaf, green leaf or romaine)
- 1 Turkish cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced ( use a vegetable peeler)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- big handful sprouts- alfalfa, sunflower or diakon
Vegan Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill (or sub 1/8 cup fresh tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1–2 tablespoons Vegan Mayo ( or regular, store-bought, sub 2–3 teaspoons olive oil)
- generous pinch salt and pepper
- Make the chickpea salad, placing all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix and smash with a fork until well combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a little whole grain mustard on the bread.
- Top with lettuce and a generous amount of the chickpea salad.
- Layer sliced cucumber, carrots, radishes and avocado.
- Top with a mound of sprouts and bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Make the chickpea salad ahead, and have on hand for meals during the week. It keeps for 4-5 days in the fridge! Great for meal prep.
- Serving Size: -with 2 slices, Udi's Wholegrain GF Bread
- Calories: 482
- Sugar: 16.3 g
- Sodium: 1384 mg
- Fat: 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 70.8 g
- Fiber: 17.2 g
- Protein: 16.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.7 mg
Keywords: vegan tuna salad, vegan tuna salad with chickpeas, vegan chickpea salad sandwich, green goddess sandwich, chickpea salad,,chickpea salad, vegan egg salad, chickpea sandwich, chickpea wrap